How to keep your iPhone clean!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to try Whoosh. I found it at Target, it comes with its own microfiber cloth. It seems to be a really good product. My screen is very clean and so far no fingerprints. It's supposed to leave a light invisible coating that prevents fingerprints. So far so good.

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I think you're fighting a losing battle trying to keep fingerprints and dirt off of a smartphone. Put it in a case, whack a screen protector on and be done with it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have some microfibre cloths I keep around, and have tried products like WHOOSH before
WHOOSH and microfiber cloth.
I just started using Whoosh a week or so ago
I also use Whoosh and a microfiber cloth to regularly
Whoosh is actually a Canadian product that is also sold in U S.... and I use it on my glasses

Lets add another +1 for the #WhooshTeam ! When my family came to visit from the US i borrowed their Woosh every couple days to keep things nice and clean. There is something about it that just works. For anyone interested you can pick it up at the iMore store for under $500! :)

I think, also just keeping your iPhone in a case will do the world of good. When ever I'm eating food, i always put my phone down and only once I've washed my hands will it be picked up again. Something about burger and chip grease on the display doesn't appeal to me lol

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Good Stuff Matty they are now selling a liquid screen protection called Diamond Defence however I have no experience with this product sounds good thou maybe someone else has tried this .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lets add another +1 for the #WhooshTeam ! When my family came to visit from the US i borrowed their Woosh every couple days to keep things nice and clean. There is something about it that just works. For anyone interested you can pick it up at the iMore store for under $500! :)

I think, also just keeping your iPhone in a case will do the world of good. When ever I'm eating food, i always put my phone down and only once I've washed my hands will it be picked up again. Something about burger and chip grease on the display doesn't appeal to me lol

Why am I unable to locate Whoosh! via the iMore Store's search option? Yes, the link you provided displays the product but I should be able to locate it via the store's search option.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Why am I unable to locate Whoosh! via the iMore Store's search option? Yes, the link you provided displays the product but I should be able to locate it via the store's search option.

I ran into the same problem while trying to post that link. Ended up searching on Google and just posted that link. Maybe the sever has the item stored as another name? The people must have access to WHOOSH! :D Sometime you have to do things the hard way to get what you want haha.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ran into the same problem while trying to post that link. Ended up searching on Google and just posted that link. Maybe the sever has the item stored as another name? The people must have access to WOOSH! :D Sometime you have to do things the hard way to get what you want haha.

I found a couple of links via Google, but neither has the "Add to Cart" option therein and neither would allow me to locate Whoosh from within the store's search option. Furthermore , it didn't display whoosh when I selected the show all screen protectors option. Stuff like that sets my inner radar off...

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I ran into the same problem while trying to post that link. Ended up searching on Google and just posted that link. Maybe the sever has the item stored as another name? The people must have access to WOOSH! :D Sometime you have to do things the hard way to get what you want haha.

Matty Buddy it's Whoosh not Woosh maybe that's the problem .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased it from a nearby Target store and it was the same price as depicted in the above link posted by Matty.

leah_lamar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I just use a cloth, a napkin, or a paper towel. If it's really bad, I use a little water.
I don't have a screen protector, BTW. My iPhone is totally naked. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just use a cloth, a napkin, or a paper towel. If it's really bad, I use a little water.
I don't have a screen protector, BTW. My iPhone is totally naked. :)

I typically use eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth, but I wanted to give Whoosh! a try based on the feedback here in the forums.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I find a good industrial sand blasting or an acetone bath seem to work fine. :)

Seriously, about once a month I'll take the case off and wipe it down with a microfiber clock and take a small brush and clean the lightning port and speaker / mic openings.

HBogard

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
if you are using an iPhone 7 than there is no harm in washing your phone occasionally. I have heard there some kind of glass coat protection not sur what material is being used.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I might need to try this WHOOSH. Sounds like a good solution for keeping my Apple products in pristine condition.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
3c435dd2f3d10ccc16ac60ab61874746.jpg

After shattering two screens from running caseless , my phone is always in a case now. Aside of the screen, the phone is in the same shape as the day I got it.
I do take it out of the case though to give it a thorough cleaning.
And sometimes when it is charging I remove the case, so it doesn't get to hot.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73