iPhone 7 dust proof

Michael DiLellio

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
So I recently bought a case for my iPhone 7, because I'm typically hard on my phones and work outdoors a lot! My job also requires me to be around water a lot. Good thing the iPhone 7 is water resistant! 👍
However, I'm also required to be around sand quite a bit too. I poked around and can not find a case that covers the speaker ports... but the phone is "dust resistant"...
My question then is: do I have to continue to hunt for a case that covers the speakers, OR will the brilliant engineering of the 7 make my phone safe?
Thanks in advance! 😁
M.D.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Since sand is thicker than dust, I suppose you're safe with the speakers open. If you really feel like your phone needs that extra protection, maybe you can DIY something with what you're having in house. Maybe cut a cloth or something similar and put it between the phone and case?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I think I might have seen lightning port "plugs" or covers on eBay/Amazon?

My buddy has a Lifeproof on his iPhone 6 and the device was only out of that thing once in 2 years. Life proof has a cover for the lightning port, speakers too.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I've got mine in a Lifeproof case and haven't had any issues. The audio quality has improved from previous lifeproof cases.

Good to know. My friend had a LifeProof on his 6s and every time we talked he had to remove it because he was muffled. I'm not sure if he has one on the 7 since he's been out of town for 4 months for work but I assume he does.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
As has been said LifeProof would be a good option for you. I'm not sure what you want to spend but Snow Lizard make very rugged cases (probably a bit too rugged in my opinion). I had a Nillkin case that had little plugs for the lightning and headphone jack a while back too, maybe look for something like that.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a Spigen case on my 7 plus as well as on my 6s plus before I upgraded. Had the same problem with dust getting in the lightning port and speaker holes. Every 7 or 8 months I'd take it to Apple to have them clean it out. They did this for free. The last time they showed me how to do it but there's no way I'm putting a paper clip in the port. I'd rather have them do it.

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Apple iPhone 7 is IP67 rated, which means -

IP - Ingress Protection.
6 - Dust Tight :yes:
7 - Can survives being submerged in water up to 1meter deep for around 30 minutes.

We also have IP68 in some other smartphones too. That will improve the water resistance more.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Apple iPhone 7 is IP67 rated, which means -

IP - Ingress Protection.
6 - Dust Tight :yes:
7 - Can survives being submerged in water up to 1meter deep for around 30 minutes.

We also have IP68 in some other smartphones too. That will improve the water resistance more.

Yes I understand this. But I work in a food warehouse and drive a delivery truck. Im thinking this is probably where the dust is coming from. I keep the phone in a leg pocket in carpenter pants. I buy these pants just to keep the phone in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice