iPhone 7 RED - love it or leave it?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Meant to start a thread on this back when the RED hit us... better late than never!

What does everyone think of it? For me, personally, if I was in the market for a new iPhone I'd totally consider it. Only thing I don't dig is the white front. Would have loved to have seen it with a black or even red front plate... I know I'm not alone in that! That said, is easy enough to get a skin or something to cover it up, but that seems silly to me.

Anyways... thoughts, love it or leave it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I like (not love) it but I think I'd get sick of it after a while and wish it were black. Like you, I'd much prefer a black faceplate.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think a red front bezel would have been extreme overkill. I'm sure Apple tried hundreds of different combos and shades of red and through their testing and research. At the end they felt the white front was best with the shade of red they decided on.

I really like the red iPhone. Had it been released at launch with the iPhone 7 I would have agonized over that and the matte black.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think a red front bezel would have been extreme overkill.

100% agree here. They were recently talking about it on MacBreak Weekly. Apple doesn't like colored faceplates for design purposes but also a brightly colored faceplate could cause color discrimination (meaning your eyes aren't seeing the colors on the screen correctly).

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I love the red but am not wild about the white faceplate or silver border around the Home button. I wouldn't like a red faceplate, though. IMO, that would be TOO much red, but I would love a black faceplate and a red border around the Home button on it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a pretty iPhone, but not for me. Way too much red for my liking...??????

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyways... thoughts, love it or leave it?

Love It :)

I think they made the right decision going with the 'Matte Red' colour vs a 'Glossy Red'. I remember when the product red version came out for the MKBHD will agree with me haha.

I would also love a Matte White version. Combined with 256GB storage, that would be one awesome bag of tech :)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I will have to leave it. I like the red colour but think it would only be a novelty for a short time for me. The part that makes me leave it is the white face. Sorry but Apple needs to make their phones these days with either a black or white face option. Come on Apple, it's 2017.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I will have to leave it. I like the red colour but think it would only be a novelty for a short time for me. The part that makes me leave it is the white face. Sorry but Apple needs to make their phones these days with either a black or white face option. Come on Apple, it's 2017.

I agree that would be awesome!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I saw the red iPhone 7 Plus in person (finally!) at the Best Buy in the Mall of America last Sunday and I love that it's a matte red and not shiny. Like others, I hate the white front. If I was in the market for a new iPhone today, I'd get the red iPhone 7 Plus; however, I love my matte black so I see no use in getting the red one.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well I don't like the Red color, I like the fact it means they will take some money from the sales to help the RED branding organization.

Being said that, it HAS TO BE RED + WHITE because those are the colors of the RED Branding, it can't be Red + Any other color.

If you take a look at their site: https://red.org/ you will be able to see that the only things not red are mostly Gold (even made in that material).

Because I'm a phone+case guy I won't care about the color if I was after an smartphone right now, I would buy it Red Product for the fact I'm helping some people.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I like it but I'll leave it.

I fiddled with the Plus, at the Apple Store and gosh it looked gorgeous.

But. I absolutely wanted the Sea Blue case and the Red iPhone looks ugly with every cases beside black and clear ones.

Therefore, I got a Rose Gold 7 Plus (that I find prettier, especially combined with the Sea Blue silicone case)

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Love it! Especially love the white glass front with the red, patriotic Canadian colours. My 5C had black glass and I always prefer light colours.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Red is my favorite color and it's beautiful. White front tho is best on it. I had originally thought maybe black but changed my mind. I have the rose gold and love it. I do have a red Tumi leather case so when I am feeling in a red mood I will use it. I have a bunch of cases. Case mate Kate Spade and Tumi. Love the bling. Love the rose gold. Elegant

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
To be honest I believe black front would look much better, but it's a matter of taste, of course.

Cheers

It's more of a contrast with the white, I think it stands out better than black. I remember when phones were just black, there was a time when cars were only black. Colour is a wonderful thing......BUT......

As for the all black jet black iPhone I like that model too.

But with red I think white goes with it better. I wonder why Apple went with white and red.

Also curious why Apple would introduce a new colour on the iPhone when the next model is due to come out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim