They are around $800 in Canada!
    A 32GB 4G/wifi iPad pro 9.7 are $1049 here Australia, i got it for $680.

You can cancel Apple Care too they refund you the remainder.
    04-02-2017 04:29 PM
    Thanks all I'm actually going to go back to Rogers tomorrow and see if I break a screen or drop at what they do for me. Still have to look into Apple care but I might jump on the Rogers not sure.

Anyway I walked in the city today to test out the camera and video and I have to say it's absolutely stunning it's amazing. I shot a video by the river let's see if I can upload this…
    04-02-2017 05:39 PM
    So here's a video from the new iPhone 7 and even the sound is just amazing.

Yes this is the speeding Corvette that roared by me and I caught it on video, provided a great test for the sound ha ha.

The image stabilization in the video is such an improvement over the iPhone 5c. I was also testing out the slow-motion in another video. So if I understand this correctly you just tap the screen if you're shooting video in slow mo and then tap it again to get out of slow-motion…

04-02-2017 05:42 PM
    So here's a video from the new iPhone 7 and even the sound is just amazing.

Yes this is the speeding Corvette that roared by me and I caught it on video, provided a great test for the sound ha ha.

The image stabilization in the video is such an improvement over the iPhone 5c. I was also testing out the slow-motion in another video. So if I understand this correctly you just tap the screen if you're shooting video in slow mo and then tap it again to get out of slow-motion…

Nice video!
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    04-03-2017 05:20 AM
    I went with AppleCare, for nine bucks a month and what he explained it is sounds like pretty reasonable deal.
    04-03-2017 07:04 PM
    I went with AppleCare, for nine bucks a month and what he explained it is sounds like pretty reasonable deal.
    Good move
    04-03-2017 08:02 PM
    Good move
    04-03-2017 08:03 PM
    Good move
    My buddy was like "why don't' you just get an otter box instead of throwing $ out the window".

1) otter boxes make the phone too big, same with life proof. I like slim cases and the official apple silicone may not offer as much protection but I like colour and low profile, and GRIP.

2) what if the iPhone had a defect and dies after 6 months or a year. An otter box will not prevent that.

3). What if the device is stolen

4) I can cancel AppleCare anytime I want.

The Rogers guy said he usually keeps AppleCare on his new iPhones for about 6 months just to make sure there are no glitches and then he cancels it.
    04-03-2017 08:50 PM
    The Rogers guy said he usually keeps AppleCare on his new iPhones for about 6 months just to make sure there are no glitches and then he cancels it.
    That's silly. The coverage goes for 2 years, against drops, water, etc., why get rid of it? You're still just as likely to do those things after 6 months as you are before. I have used it with 2 days left and gotten a new phone.
    04-04-2017 06:04 AM
    That's silly. The coverage goes for 2 years, against drops, water, etc., why get rid of it? You're still just as likely to do those things after 6 months as you are before. I have used it with 2 days left and gotten a new phone.
    The interesting thing is is that Rogers said I had 15 days from when I got the phone to get AppleCare for nine dollars a month and I can cancel anytime I want. If I had waited beyond 15 days(the period in which the phone can be returned) then it would cost something like $169 for a year or two, or however long it is.

I prefer the nine dollars a month because I don't know how long I'll keep it but for a few months at least, perhaps longer.

And when I read and googled about Apple care they mention nothing about nine dollars a month that I could see so that might be just something at Rogers offers to new customers I'm not sure. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    04-04-2017 12:33 PM
    Welcome to the club! I traded my my 6s on a Black Friday deal for a 7 and am loving it.
    04-04-2017 11:27 PM
    Welcome to the club! I traded my my 6s on a Black Friday deal for a 7 and am loving it.
    Cool what colour iPhone 7 did you get?

I like this case by the way… I want something with a see-through back and I might use a couple different cases.

04-05-2017 02:33 AM
    It looks like the Apple Silicone case doesn't like to be swapped too much. I have a slight "split" on the bottom edge of it and it is 18 days old. It MIGHT be from going in and out of a loose cargo pocket but seems doubtful.

I had the official Apple silicone case on my 5C and it help up good for 2 years +.

I have read many people are having this issue with the silicone case for the iPhone 7.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-17-2017 12:31 PM
    Cool what colour iPhone 7 did you get?

I like this case by the way… I want something with a see-through back and I might use a couple different cases.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e57f0eda55.jpg
    Just the normal black. I love the Jet Black but I would not be able to accept the scratches it tends to get. Besides, it's in a case anyway so I'd never see it.
    04-18-2017 10:34 PM
    Just the normal black. I love the Jet Black but I would not be able to accept the scratches it tends to get. Besides, it's in a case anyway so I'd never see it.
    Nice. 32 gigs is all I need so I'm OK with the gold :-)

I did want jet black originally though
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-18-2017 11:40 PM
    Was there any noticeable speed difference? I certainly noticed the speed difference from the 5C I had for three years
    04-18-2017 11:41 PM
    Was there any noticeable speed difference? I certainly noticed the speed difference from the 5C I had for three years
    Not really. The only reason I upgraded is Verizon gave me $650 trade in for a 64gb 6s so it was a great deal.
    04-19-2017 07:15 PM
    Not really. The only reason I upgraded is Verizon gave me $650 trade in for a 64gb 6s so it was a great deal.
    I think you are pretty lucky down there too because you can get 1 year contracts
    04-20-2017 12:32 AM
    Here in the US, MetroPcs has prepaid unlimited everything for $50 monthly. $10 more for 8gb hotspot. I'm currently paying $80 for 2 lines unlimited, no hotspot. 1 for my iPhone 6 & 1 for my Android tablet.
    04-20-2017 02:06 PM
    Here in the US, MetroPcs has prepaid unlimited everything for $50 monthly. $10 more for 8gb hotspot. I'm currently paying $80 for 2 lines unlimited, no hotspot. 1 for my iPhone 6 & 1 for my Android tablet.
    Aw man that's amazing! I'm paying more than that for one line!!!! 5 GB's and unlimited Canada calling with text and pic messages. Plus I will be adding Spotify Premium when my free 6 months is up in a few months.

Not to mention 11% tax on top of it.
    kcox52692 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    04-20-2017 07:17 PM
    Congrats on your new phone, fellow Canucks!
    Very wise decision

I'm glad you got Apple Care. Rogers uses Asurion but they're the worse thieves ever. You have 60 days from your purchase date to get  Care, and it's less expensive than $9/month.
    (It's $169 + 11% taxes = $187.59 vs 9$ x 24 months + 11% taxes = $239.76).

As for your  Case, bring it in for a free replacement under warranty (30 days).

As for Spotify, Apple offers a free 3 months trial of Apple Music. You should give it a try, you might be impressed!
    Last edited by TwitchyPuppy; 04-20-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    04-20-2017 09:37 PM
    Congrats on your new phone, fellow Canucks!
    Very wise decision

I'm glad you got Apple Care. Rogers uses Asurion but they're the worse thieves ever. You have 60 days from your purchase date to get  Care, and it's less expensive than $9/month.
    (It's $169 + 11% taxes = $187.59 vs 9$ x 24 months + 11% taxes = $239.76).

As for your  Case, bring it in for a free replacement under warranty (30 days).

As for Spotify, Apple offers a free 3 months trial of Apple Music. You should give it a try, you might be impressed!
    Whoa lol, epic info thanks.

Hey from Toon Town.

Yeah I did some reading on the Rogers insurance and I think I went the correct route. I didn't know how long I wanted to keep Apple Care so I didn't really want to lock in a lump sum, but we will see. My 5C was perfect for 3 full years hardware-wise so I'm sure there won't be issues on the 7.

I really love the feel of the Apple silicone and I have an Otterbox Commuter coming in (same colour-Sea Blue), so I'm not sure if the split is big enough to warrant a replacement. I might just sell it on Kijiji. It's a really small split. I COULD snake a quick little vid of it on my iPad and you can see what you think.

Man I'm digging Spotify tho and the one reason I didn't want to put Apple Music for the 3 month trial is because we have to put a CC card on there and we have to remember to cancel it. It's not that I think there is no security because I used ApplePay for the first time today, pretty cool.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    04-20-2017 10:18 PM
    Just tried the live wallpaper for the first time, pretty cool I like how it moves when you press and hold. Also it's cool that Apple has one of the default wallpapers like this to match my sea blue silicone case

04-21-2017 04:58 PM
    Just tried the live wallpaper for the first time, pretty cool I like how it moves when you press and hold. Also it's cool that Apple has one of the default wallpapers like this to match my sea blue silicone case

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7ac111288e.jpg
    Never really got into the live wallpapers... can't think of any time I press/hold on the screen to make it move!
    04-21-2017 06:10 PM
    Never really got into the live wallpapers... can't think of any time I press/hold on the screen to make it move!
    It's more for bragging rights, like showing your friends or at a cafe, etc.

I just discovered you cannot just hold the screen to make it work, you have to press harder and activate the 3D glass..

Also looks like there are tons of apps for live wallpapers
    04-21-2017 07:31 PM
122 12345