iPhone 7 - General Questions

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,

Just some questions I want to know for my iPhone 7, hope you all can help thanks.

- When my phone is locked and someone is calling me how do I reject the call? I do not see the reject button only slide to answer.

- I want to take care of my battery and it's life. I usually charge it when it hits 20% to 90%. And once a month I make it drain down to 1% then give it 100% charge. Besides that, is this alright to do when I'm usually at 40% and late at night in bed I usually have the charger plugged in while I'm watching YouTube for 2-3 hours before I goto bed or is that unhealthy to leave it plugged in while watching videos?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Press the power button on the right side to reject a call. Charge your phone whenever you need to. You don't have to baby batteries today. I plug in when I'm in the car or at my desk to top it off regardless of where my percentage is. I don't have any issues at all. People way over think charging a phone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
^^ What he said. Use the power button to reject phones and plug your iPhone when convenient for you. No need to wait for a certain % of battery level.
I plug my iPhone in at least 3-4 times a day, just to top it off.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
^^^^what they said in the battery. Also, if you single click the power button it rejects the call, but if you double click it, it sends it straight to voicemail.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
^^^^what they said in the battery. Also, if you single click the power button it rejects the call, but if you double click it, it sends it straight to voicemail.

One push of the power button doesn't reject a call. It just silences the ring. Two pushes cuts the call. But if you cut the call, the caller may realize you did that. So I just silence the ring.

Last edited:

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Single click just turns the sound off. Double click rejects the call and sends it to voicemail.

I consider one click as rejecting the call because I am choosing to not answering it. Two clicks allows my voicemail to answer the call more quickly instead of making the caller wait for 5 rings to get to voicemail, therefore not a rejection. My point was to inform others of the two clicks because it's not common knowledge. I'm pretty sure the readers get the difference in semantics :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I consider one click as rejecting the call because I am choosing to not answering it. Two clicks allows my voicemail to answer the call more quickly instead of making the caller wait for 5 rings to get to voicemail, therefore not a rejection. My point was to inform others of the two clicks because it's not common knowledge. I'm pretty sure the readers get the difference in semantics :)

When you click 2 times the phone says "reject call". When you click 1 time, the caller continues to hear it ring. It's silenced for you only. But I got your point. Folks will figure it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73