Apple Repair Question

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Just wondering if I was to get my iPhone 7 repaired. What would be repairable? And what would Apple not repair and take your phone and give you a refurbished one.

This is what I have heard and just want the full details on it. And I'm assuming all of repair/replace policy is everywhere world wide?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is wrong with your device? To be sure on what they will or won't repair, you should make a Genius Bar appointment and they will assess it for you. Only Apple will be able to tell you if they'll repair something and iMore is not at all affiliated. Hope this helps!

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Is this true I heard that Apple only will fix screen and battery. If any other problem besides that with the phone is this true what I heard that Apple will take your phone and keep it and give you a refurbished one that who knows what damaged it had from the past (maybe even more damage than your phone) and fix it and give you the refurbished one. If so, that is a very odd way to repair thing plus your not getting your phone back? If this is true, what other options do you have if you need to repair your phone and need to keep the exact phone?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is this true I heard that Apple only will fix screen and battery. If any other problem besides that with the phone is this true what I heard that Apple will take your phone and keep it and give you a refurbished one that who knows what damaged it had from the past (maybe even more damage than your phone) and fix it and give you the refurbished one. If so, that is a very odd way to repair thing plus your not getting your phone back? If this is true, what other options do you have if you need to repair your phone and need to keep the exact phone?

Regardless of what is repairable or not by Apple, any refurbished phone they give out are tested at higher standards than the regular iPhones they sell. A refurbished iPhone is not something to worry about.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what is repairable or not by Apple, any refurbished phone they give out are tested at higher standards than the regular iPhones they sell. A refurbished iPhone is not something to worry about.

Agreed!!!! Refurbished doesn't mean there was anything wrong with the device, just means they can't sell it as new. Someone may have ordered it, opened the box and didn't like the color so they sent it back. Could be anything

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple refurbs are heads and shoulders above other refurbs. I've owned many. They've all been good as new and apple has stood behind them when they've had issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73