Receiving pictures issue

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Trying to help my wife with an issue she is having.

When I text a picture to her it used to show up in the same conversation as all of the other text messages I send her. Now it will start a new conversation titled "Me and Whoever" and put the pictures in there. It does it for somebody else who texted her a picture also. We deleted both conversations between us and started over and it still creates this other conversation for the pics.

She doesn't recall changing anything. How can we make the pics go to the regular text conversation? Any help would be great :)

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I unchecked her email address, still have the issue. I clicked on her email address and "sign out" and still have the issue.

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what she's done.

At first I was using my Nexus 6p to text her. Then I switched my SIM card to an iPhone 6s Plus and still have the same issue.

The settings>messages have identical settings. The 6s Plus receives messages the normal way.

One thing I noticed was that when I send from her phone to mine, the message comes through as her contact name as it is stored in my contacts list. When I send from my phone to hers, it shows my actual name instead of my name as it is saved in her contact list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what she's done.

At first I was using my Nexus 6p to text her. Then I switched my SIM card to an iPhone 6s Plus and still have the same issue.

The settings>messages have identical settings. The 6s Plus receives messages the normal way.

One thing I noticed was that when I send from her phone to mine, the message comes through as her contact name as it is stored in my contacts list. When I send from my phone to hers, it shows my actual name instead of my name as it is saved in her contact list.

Has she maybe created 2 contact cards for you in her contacts?
"Me and Whoever" is something someone created. It's not going to show that otherwise.
It sounds like a group message. When on the "me and whoever" thread, tap the i in the upper right corner, then scroll down and tap "leave this conversation".

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Has she maybe created 2 contact cards for you in her contacts?
"Me and Whoever" is something someone created. It's not going to show that otherwise.
It sounds like a group message. When on the "me and whoever" thread, tap the i in the upper right corner, then scroll down and tap "leave this conversation".

It looks like there are contacts for both of the messages she sends me. There is another person who also sent her a picture that showed up in two different conversations. There have never been any group conversations though.

I'm not sure what I've done now, but her iMessage (blue bubbles) aren't working even though everything looks like they should be. But now when I send her a picture, only 1 shows up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It looks like there are contacts for both of the messages she sends me. There is another person who also sent her a picture that showed up in two different conversations. There have never been any group conversations though.

I'm not sure what I've done now, but her iMessage (blue bubbles) aren't working even though everything looks like they should be. But now when I send her a picture, only 1 shows up.

She needs to delete the contact named "me and whoever". Or at least delete the phone number in that contact card. And don't have the same email address in both contact cards.