Hello,

I like the Iphone 7 but sometimes it´s easy to grab with one hand,and I love the SE...my iphone has already 3 dents...

If I trade i will be stupid to downgrade ? or not?

Will the SE receive the IOS 11? 12?
    01-16-2017 05:46 AM
    iPhone SE Will recieve iOS 11 and it is very likely it will recieve iOS 12. There might be parts of future iOS features that will be excluded for the iPhone SE but generally speaking iPhones recieve updates quite far into their lifetime.

iPhone SE is quite new model with a great processor so I see nothing wrong with using it if it fits better to your usage.
    aximtreo, diogo461 and libra89 like this.
    01-16-2017 06:45 AM
    i didn´t see reasons to continue with iphone 7....
    01-16-2017 07:02 AM
    i didn´t see reasons to continue with iphone 7....
    Dude your topic and response is hilarious, I read it as " I'm with my wife now but I love my side chick" and then some time later " I didn't see reasons to continue with my wife"
    01-22-2017 06:21 AM
    Is it stupid to downgrade from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone SE? To some people, yes and to others, no. If you really like the size of the iPhone SE and you really want one then no, it's not a stupid decision to downgrade. As long as you're happy with your choice, that's all that matters.
    libra89, aximtreo, pr1nce and 3 others like this.
    01-22-2017 07:08 AM
    The iPhone SE is a wonderful device, I did the 'downgrade' from an iPhone 6s and have no regrets. Battery performance is awesome on the SE.
    However the iPhone 7 has a better camera, fancy Taptic Engine and 3D Touch, IMO not enough to compensate for the form factor on the SE
    Just_Me_D, libra89 and RobertP1 like this.
    01-22-2017 07:39 AM
    I wouldn't consider it a downgrade if you prefer it more. You should use what works best for you. I went from the 5.5" size to the 4.7" size and would never have thought of that as a downgrade. I do like the 4.7" much better tho. Works for me and that's what counts.
    Just_Me_D, pr1nce and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2017 12:51 PM
    Changing any of these devices is not stupid if it works well for YOU! If you prefer the SE then go for it and enjoy it.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2017 09:42 PM
    I absolutely do not think it is stupid. Both are great devices, both will give you a long time of reliable service and both of them are from Apple. What would be stupid is sticking with a phone that you are not crazy about when you have an alternative readily available.

If the SE fits your needs better, than fire away!!!!!

Good luck with it.... (BTW.. I am in this forum because I am considering "downsizing" from a 7+ to the SE)
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 07:23 AM
    I prefer the rounded edges of the 7 and the bigger screen but receiving updates won't be an issue. It all comes down the personal preference.
    01-24-2017 03:10 PM
    My troubles with  began with the 6 Plus, and I've had a few iPhones in the past couple of years. I opted for the SE and would have it still had it not BLOWN UP IN TWO WEEKS. It froze after I installed a bizarre wallpaper program, and I had spent so much I simply opted for the 7 after the refund for the SE.

So I was happy with the SE until I lost confidence in it (and  as well) ...
    01-24-2017 05:38 PM
    I absolutely don't think it's stupid to move from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone SE. Why? Because everyone has their own preferences. Not everyone wants a phone that has a 4.7-inch screen. I have an iPhone 6s and have gotten to like the screen size, but that doesn't mean it's stupid for someone to prefer a four-inch screen on their phone. It all boils down to what's right for YOU and what YOU prefer. Sure, you're trading away certain features, most notably the cameras and waterproofing, but if the SE is what floats your boat, so be it.
    RobertP1, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-25-2017 02:41 PM
    I am still going to give my SE another shot. It's sitting in my briefcase ready for me
    libra89 likes this.
    01-25-2017 03:13 PM
    The devices up through 4.7" are essentially the same screen resolution for the past three models. The processors are advancing, so I suppose you could save five seconds a year on certain tasks, at a cost of $200 or so (SE to 7). My own thinking was that for newspapers or comics, even my Mini had not a large enough screen, so why not use the SE for photos and email and to run my watch and leave the rest to my Air 2? I would've done exactly that, had not my SE frozen in two weeks and scared me off of them.
    01-27-2017 01:07 PM
    The processors are advancing, so I suppose you could save five seconds a year on certain tasks, at a cost of $200 or so (SE to 7).
    You have quite the analytical mind, sir. Lets be honest, the main reasons people buy the SE are price and screen size, the milliseconds difference in speed and other minor tech improvements are neither here nor there. So unless you like the bigger screen the SE is surely the more sensible choice.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-31-2017 12:45 PM
    I am into my first business day with the SE. Rocking mad calls, texting like crazy, checking the weather, a little Facebooking during a boring meeting. Bought a coffee with my Starbucks app... Having a insanely normal business day for me.. been going 100% since 630 am.. I have 43% battery left.. That is fine, but I thought it might be better.. Maybe it takes a few cycles to get up to speed..... I love having that little beast in my pocket!!
    01-31-2017 03:44 PM
    Glad it's working out for you this time around (third time I think?)
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-31-2017 07:30 PM
    Third times a charm!! Hopefully!!
    01-31-2017 08:57 PM
    I personally have two main problems, one I cannot decide which is right for me and two, I could never make a full day(battery) with any device - not even the plus.

I myself have the plus and s plus, and downgraded to a 7 for the size; but at certain times there are apps that just seem better with a larger screen.

Granted my problem causes major issues due to exchange rate in my country (6.75 to 1 USD) and is expensive to get new devices, it's just a habit I have to break and settle on one, and get rid of the rest.

My wife currently owns the SE I bought for myself, her only grouse is the keyboard size
    01-31-2017 09:15 PM
    I personally have two main problems, one I cannot decide which is right for me and two, I could never make a full day(battery) with any device - not even the plus.

I myself have the plus and s plus, and downgraded to a 7 for the size; but at certain times there are apps that just seem better with a larger screen.

Granted my problem causes major issues due to exchange rate in my country (6.75 to 1 USD) and is expensive to get new devices, it's just a habit I have to break and settle on one, and get rid of the rest.

My wife currently owns the SE I bought for myself, her only grouse is the keyboard size
    Could I ask you what country you are from?
    01-31-2017 09:37 PM
    Trinidad & Tobago, where an unlocked 64GB SE can work out to be 670USD.... 7+128GB 1500USD
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-31-2017 09:40 PM
    If you want that size -- then nope .
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-01-2017 09:45 AM
    WOW.. That is steep
    bcandiolo likes this.
    02-01-2017 10:42 AM
    My brother recently switched from iPhone 6S to the iPhone SE.
    02-02-2017 04:29 AM
    I was considering hiding from this post as I am a little embarrassed. I enjoyed the SE for a few days and then started missing that screen real estate and the amazing camera and changed back. I don't really have an reasonable answer. The SE did everything that I needed it to, but doing the same thing on the bigger screen was just easier.

I am going to keep the SE and not sell it, so when I have the urge to change again, it will not cost me any money.. LOL
    libra89 and tr1ad like this.
    02-07-2017 08:01 AM
40 12