Is it stupid to downgrade from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone SE?

diogo461

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I like the Iphone 7 but sometimes it´s easy to grab with one hand,and I love the SE...my iphone has already 3 dents...

If I trade i will be stupid to downgrade ? or not?

Will the SE receive the IOS 11? 12?

xSieger

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: I´m with Iphone 7 but I love the SE..maybe a trade?

iPhone SE Will recieve iOS 11 and it is very likely it will recieve iOS 12. There might be parts of future iOS features that will be excluded for the iPhone SE but generally speaking iPhones recieve updates quite far into their lifetime.

iPhone SE is quite new model with a great processor so I see nothing wrong with using it if it fits better to your usage.

Bushkesh

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: I´m with Iphone 7 but I love the SE..maybe a trade?

i didn´t see reasons to continue with iphone 7....

Dude your topic and response is hilarious, I read it as " I'm with my wife now but I love my side chick" and then some time later " I didn't see reasons to continue with my wife"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Is it stupid to downgrade from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone SE? To some people, yes and to others, no. If you really like the size of the iPhone SE and you really want one then no, it's not a stupid decision to downgrade. As long as you're happy with your choice, that's all that matters.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
re:

The iPhone SE is a wonderful device, I did the 'downgrade' from an iPhone 6s and have no regrets. Battery performance is awesome on the SE.
However the iPhone 7 has a better camera, fancy Taptic Engine and 3D Touch, IMO not enough to compensate for the form factor on the SE

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

I wouldn't consider it a downgrade if you prefer it more. You should use what works best for you. I went from the 5.5" size to the 4.7" size and would never have thought of that as a downgrade. I do like the 4.7" much better tho. Works for me and that's what counts.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
re:

Changing any of these devices is not stupid if it works well for YOU! If you prefer the SE then go for it and enjoy it.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
re:

I absolutely do not think it is stupid. Both are great devices, both will give you a long time of reliable service and both of them are from Apple. What would be stupid is sticking with a phone that you are not crazy about when you have an alternative readily available.

If the SE fits your needs better, than fire away!!!!!

Good luck with it.... (BTW.. I am in this forum because I am considering "downsizing" from a 7+ to the SE)

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
re:

I prefer the rounded edges of the 7 and the bigger screen but receiving updates won't be an issue. It all comes down the personal preference.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
re:

My troubles with  began with the 6 Plus, and I've had a few iPhones in the past couple of years. I opted for the SE and would have it still had it not BLOWN UP IN TWO WEEKS. It froze after I installed a bizarre wallpaper program, and I had spent so much I simply opted for the 7 after the refund for the SE.

So I was happy with the SE until I lost confidence in it (and  as well) ...

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

I absolutely don't think it's stupid to move from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone SE. Why? Because everyone has their own preferences. Not everyone wants a phone that has a 4.7-inch screen. I have an iPhone 6s and have gotten to like the screen size, but that doesn't mean it's stupid for someone to prefer a four-inch screen on their phone. It all boils down to what's right for YOU and what YOU prefer. Sure, you're trading away certain features, most notably the cameras and waterproofing, but if the SE is what floats your boat, so be it. :yes:

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
re:

The devices up through 4.7" are essentially the same screen resolution for the past three models. The processors are advancing, so I suppose you could save five seconds a year on certain tasks, at a cost of $200 or so (SE to 7). My own thinking was that for newspapers or comics, even my Mini had not a large enough screen, so why not use the SE for photos and email and to run my watch and leave the rest to my Air 2? I would've done exactly that, had not my SE frozen in two weeks and scared me off of them.

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
re:

The processors are advancing, so I suppose you could save five seconds a year on certain tasks, at a cost of $200 or so (SE to 7).

You have quite the analytical mind, sir. Lets be honest, the main reasons people buy the SE are price and screen size, the milliseconds difference in speed and other minor tech improvements are neither here nor there. So unless you like the bigger screen the SE is surely the more sensible choice.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
re:

I am into my first business day with the SE. Rocking mad calls, texting like crazy, checking the weather, a little Facebooking during a boring meeting. Bought a coffee with my Starbucks app... Having a insanely normal business day for me.. been going 100% since 630 am.. I have 43% battery left.. That is fine, but I thought it might be better.. Maybe it takes a few cycles to get up to speed..... I love having that little beast in my pocket!!

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I personally have two main problems, one I cannot decide which is right for me and two, I could never make a full day(battery) with any device - not even the plus.

I myself have the plus and s plus, and downgraded to a 7 for the size; but at certain times there are apps that just seem better with a larger screen.

Granted my problem causes major issues due to exchange rate in my country (6.75 to 1 USD) and is expensive to get new devices, it's just a habit I have to break and settle on one, and get rid of the rest.

My wife currently owns the SE I bought for myself, her only grouse is the keyboard size

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
re:

I personally have two main problems, one I cannot decide which is right for me and two, I could never make a full day(battery) with any device - not even the plus.

I myself have the plus and s plus, and downgraded to a 7 for the size; but at certain times there are apps that just seem better with a larger screen.

Granted my problem causes major issues due to exchange rate in my country (6.75 to 1 USD) and is expensive to get new devices, it's just a habit I have to break and settle on one, and get rid of the rest.

My wife currently owns the SE I bought for myself, her only grouse is the keyboard size

Could I ask you what country you are from?