If I set my iPhone 7 face down while unlocked and then pick it back up it is completely frozen. The home button and screen are unresponsive. It will lock if I push the lock button and then everything becomes responsive again. Has this happened to anyone else?

My tested with my iPhone 5 and 6 and they do not exhibit this behavior.
    01-06-2017 09:08 AM
    Just tested and mine does not exhibit this behavior. Is it only when put down for long periods? Might want to try and restart the phone and see if that helps.
    01-06-2017 09:18 AM
    If I set my iPhone 7 face down while unlocked and then pick it back up it is completely frozen. The home button and screen are unresponsive. It will lock if I push the lock button and then everything becomes responsive again. Has this happened to anyone else?

not doing this on my iPhone 7
    01-06-2017 10:07 AM

not doing this on my iPhone 7
    01-06-2017 10:07 AM
    That's a strange one. I know if it is locked and the proximity sensor/gyro detects it's in a pocket or face down on a table, it'll avoid turning on the screen for notifications, but I don't know if that runs while it's unlocked or if it'd be related to this issue. Doesn't happen on mine. Does it occur if you put your finger over the sensor as well? Is it 100% repeatable every time you put it down?
    01-11-2017 12:39 PM