anyone having issues with the color rubbing off phone?? I got it when it was released. Never use a case but never had one with my 6 or 6s either. All the black is coming off the sides and bottom of phone!! Any help or if its helping to you.
    12-24-2016 03:20 PM
    anyone having issues with the color rubbing off phone?? I got it when it was released. Never use a case but never had one with my 6 or 6s either. All the black is coming off the sides and bottom of phone!! Any help or if its helping to you.
    I have the jet black but it's in a Spigen case since day one

I never use any phone without a case, I have perfection OCD and having a phone with chipped paint or any scratch would make me not wanna keep it
    12-24-2016 03:33 PM
    I have a MB. I've gone without a case a few times (very very few). Most often I use my peel case. No issues so far.
    12-24-2016 03:41 PM
    It should still be under warranty. Return it for a replacement.
    12-24-2016 04:55 PM
    I haven't and flat out refuse to put my iPhone 7 Plus in a case. I've dropped it, bumped it a few times while at work and yet, there isn't a nick, scrape, scratch, ding or crack on it. Furthermore, the color isn';t rubbing off or even fading. Having said that, what are you using to clean it with?
    12-24-2016 06:06 PM
    not cleaning it with anything. just a cloth every now and then. I talked to apple and they said never heard of it doing that. Have to go to a store and see a tech.
    12-24-2016 06:34 PM
    not cleaning it with anything. just a cloth every now and then. I talked to apple and they said never heard of it doing that. Have to go to a store and see a tech.
    Oh okay. Well, let us know the outcome of your trip to the Genius Bar, if you don't mind.
    12-24-2016 06:59 PM
    The slate iPhone 5 did the same thing so not really a surprise. The anodizing on the iPhone 7 is much stronger but no anodizing is perfect and is subject to wear.
    12-24-2016 07:21 PM
    will do. Im going in the next few weeks. the closest genius bar is 2hrs away. Thanks for all the advice.
    12-24-2016 08:31 PM
    will do. Im going in the next few weeks. the closest genius bar is 2hrs away. Thanks for all the advice.

I hope it all works out for you.
    12-25-2016 02:07 AM
    Oh okay. Well, let us know the outcome of your trip to the Genius Bar, if you don't mind.
    Good luck! and as D said, keep us updated. It's happened before but I'm sure tech is better with anodizing so I'd be surprised if it was a wide-spread issue.
    12-25-2016 06:06 AM
    Wow, that's insane... I kinda wish there was a pic in this thread to see this, because I've never heard of color coming off an iPhone before. That happened with the slate iPhone 5??
    12-25-2016 09:42 AM
    Wow, that's insane... I kinda wish there was a pic in this thread to see this, because I've never heard of color coming off an iPhone before. That happened with the slate iPhone 5??
    It didn't happen with mine while I had it...
    12-25-2016 09:47 AM
    Pic hopefully will load
    Attached Thumbnails Color coming off iPhone 7 Matte Black-image.jpeg   Color coming off iPhone 7 Matte Black-image.jpeg  
    12-25-2016 11:19 AM
    Pic hopefully will load
    did you put it in and take it out of your pocket a lot?
    12-25-2016 12:43 PM
    Yeah normal amount. I even told Apple
    That. I see if the phone was 7 months old that the polish would start coming off. But not this early in a phone.
    12-25-2016 04:15 PM
    Yup. Google "iphone 5 paint rubbing off".

The one in this thread looks like some wild wear, but have to take the OP's word for it nothing happened. Didn't happen to try to buff it to jet black, right?
    12-25-2016 04:51 PM
    At the end of the day its just paint covering the device and its going to come off if it gets rubbed enough. I know its terrible to see something new look old in a matter of weeks. I would say, purchase a fear case, so you can still see the iPhone beauty and it will protect your colour
    12-26-2016 02:00 AM
    At the end of the day its just paint covering the device and its going to come off if it gets rubbed enough. I know its terrible to see something new look old in a matter of weeks. I would say, purchase a fear case, so you can still see the iPhone beauty and it will protect your colour
    I don't know about that.... it shouldn't be rubbing off in everyday use.
    12-26-2016 06:23 AM
    I have the jet black but it's in a Spigen case since day one

I never use any phone without a case, I have perfection OCD and having a phone with chipped paint or any scratch would make me not wanna keep it
    I had that as well but I've learned to give it up and while I care I just don't find it an issue anymore.y iPhone 6 plus had micro scratches that I don't even see unless I go looking for them. I don't doubt my 7 will as well.
    12-26-2016 09:53 AM
    Get a fear case?

Seriously though I have the otterbox statement for my 7 and love it. Got it for my 6 plus and dropped it a few times with no damage so I will assume the same with this phone.
    12-26-2016 09:55 AM