I've started using Facebook's mobile website in Safari instead of the app. I am finding scrolling in Safari to be very rigid and not a fluid experience like scrolling in every other app on my iPhone. It's not just Facebook's site, it's everything. One flick of the thumb only advances maybe half the page. Where as in other apps a flick gets the inertial scrolling starting slowly and things can start to fluidly scroll by. It seems pretty similar on my iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6 as well so I do not think it's something with my iPhone 7. Is this just how scrolling in Safari functions?
    12-23-2016 10:25 AM
    The scrolling is still smooth, but a flick or swipe does not allow for it to scroll continuously.
    12-24-2016 04:58 PM
    I'd say it's subjectively defined but a flick or swipe does not miming scrolling and that's what you are dealing with. App experience will always be different than mobile site experience. Not always better or worse, but usually different.
    12-25-2016 09:11 PM
    They increased the friction so it slows down quicker in Safari. My guess is they didn't want you to scroll too quickly through web pages and end up missing something (especially on websites not designed with mobile viewing in mind). Only websites that have specifically overridden this will have the momentum scrolling you come to expect from apps (it's the CSS -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch; property)

The Chrome browser on iPhone has overridden this, though, so scrolling is just like it is in apps.
    01-01-2017 10:49 PM
    scrolling is fast on windows 10 phone. I like it better than safari (like driving a car with brakes on)
    01-02-2017 09:27 PM
    Is it like this to help with page rendering? Honestly this is what keeps me from using Safari and just using apps most of the time. It feels like Safari is stuck in the mud. Maybe I will try Chrome or Firefox...
    01-03-2017 09:26 AM
    Is it like this to help with page rendering? Honestly this is what keeps me from using Safari and just using apps most of the time. It feels like Safari is stuck in the mud. Maybe I will try Chrome or Firefox...
    I have been using the new Firefox Focus browser and loving it.
    01-03-2017 10:53 PM
    I have been using the new Firefox Focus browser and loving it.
    Downloaded Firefox Focus and I like it so far. I really don't understand why Safari is like this on the iPhone. I was using my iPad Mini 4 last night and scrolling in Safari is more fluid how I would like; with a processor that is 2 generations older...
    01-04-2017 09:56 AM