How to transfer ringtones to iPhone 7?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I have 16 ringtones in .m4r format, but when I try to drag them in to the ringtones section in iTunes, it shows a minus sign.....

I tried going to File / Add Files, then selected those tones, but I cannot find them neither in tones or in the normal music library

how do I do this?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So I have 16 ringtones in .m4r format, but when I try to drag them in to the ringtones section in iTunes, it shows a minus sign.....

I tried going to File / Add Files, then selected those tones, but I cannot find them neither in tones or in the normal music library

how do I do this?

Hey Snappy!

Are you using a Mac or a PC? When you import or add the files did you check under Tones in the iTunes app?

See if you can go through the steps on this Support Page and make sure the tones are in the proper format.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Snappy!

Are you using a Mac or a PC? When you import or add the files did you check under Tones in the iTunes app?

See if you can go through the steps on this Support Page and make sure the tones are in the proper format.

I only have a Windows PC. The ringtones are in M4R format but when I go to ringtones and drag drop them, it shows a minus sign.

I then tried adding them to the music library and hit sync but none of them were copied.

all the guides I've read on the web are pretty much useless as they just show you how to convert a current song to a ringtone. The thing is, mine are already trimmed and are short ringtones in the M4R format I just want to copy them to the ringtones section in my phone

Last edited:

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I either double click them when I make them or right click and select open with the iTunes. Does the job for me

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My ring tones are in the music section,how can I get them in tones

In iTunes, locate the ringtones under the music section, tap Get Info by right clicking first and then change it to ringtone in one of the tabs.

(I'm not behind my computer so I can't tell under which tab it's supposed to be).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro