Using iPad charger on iPhone

dstink1

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys.

Need your opinion on using an iPad charger/adapter on your iPhone.

I know that this will shorten the charging time of your iPhone but will this be safe to the iPhones battery?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, dstink1! It will be perfectly fine to use your iPad charger for charging your iPhone. Fancy electronics onboard the phone won't allow damage to be done.

wwlad

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing this for years, but with an iPhone 5s. My wife does the same with a 6+.

In both cases the phones charge faster and there appears to be no problems.

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Haven't had a issue with that. But I only used it occasionally. I had hoped it would be faster like some of the quick charges some Android devices offer. But it's not even close to the fastest versions offered. No biggie.

dstink1

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Haven't had a issue with that. But I only used it occasionally. I had hoped it would be faster like some of the quick charges some Android devices offer. But it's not even close to the fastest versions offered. No biggie.

About how many minutes faster if you use the Ipad charger?

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
It's perfectly fine as the iPhone will only take what it considers is the maximum charge current.
As an example I use my iPad Pro 12.9" 29W charger with the USB-C to Lightning cable attached. Yes it's quicker (about 20%) but it's not enough to cause any damage to the battery.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. According to Apple it is safe to use your iPad charger to charge your iPhone with no short or long term effects. Enjoy the site.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
It is safe and fully compatible, it is also much faster, the greater the capacity of your battery is the more time you save. If you have an iphone plus I recommend 100%

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

Need your opinion on using an iPad charger/adapter on your iPhone.

I know that this will shorten the charging time of your iPhone but will this be safe to the iPhones battery?

most Apple chargers will work fine with most Apple products. So i wouldn't worry to much about it :)

Just maybe don't use a 15" Macbook Pro chargers with a iPhone 5s hahah. It might charge the battery in 2 seconds.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, smartphones nowadays check the max current they can take and limit the amperage it comes from the charger, you'll be fine.

Cheers

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
It works fine. I use it and it charges my iPhone really fast even apple says it's compatible with it
8cf4548465fb0c10b86af6bacada9ea1.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1