screen never turns off and stay on unlock screen if Siri takes me there

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I have run into a strange behavior on my iPhone 7 and iPhone 64gb. (both purchased
from Verizon within the last couple of weeks)

With the screen off, if I say something like "hey Siri, search for music by Bon Jovi"
Siri will respond with "searching for Bon Jovi at the iTunes store" and automatically
take me to the unlock screen with the number keypad. If I do not unlock the screen
by enterinb my code or with my fingerprint, the screen never turns off and just
remains on that screen forever...(well, I turned it off manually after it was on for
20+ minutes) Like I said, this behavior can be duplicated on both the 7 and the SE.

I only noticed this when I was playing with the phone, but left it on the desk to take
a phone call... when I returned, I was horrified to see that the screen had remained
on the unlock screen after 20+ minutes.

Is this behavior normal?

Thanks!

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, Go to settings > Display and Brightness and turn on Auto lock. You can set the time you want :)

for *everything* else, the screen does turn off automatically after 30 seconds...

unfortunately, on both my new iPhones(SE and 7), the screen does stay on indefinitely... this can be duplicated on both of my new iPhones by doing this:

(1) screen off
(2) I say "hey siri, find music in iTunes store"
(3) screen turns on and Siri responds: "here's the iTunes store"
(4) phone shows "Touch ID or Enter Passcode" screen with the number pad

unless I use my finger or passcode to unlock, the screen remains on indefinitely... but I've only dared to allow it to remain on for 57 minutes. At 58 minutes, I touched the fingerprint sensor and the screen changes to the iTunes store... then if I don't do anythnig for 30 seconds, it turns off(obviously)

I can't imagine this being too good for the battery life if I'm out and about and this happens.

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

for *everything* else, the screen does turn off automatically after 30 seconds...

unfortunately, on both my new iPhones(SE and 7), the screen does stay on indefinitely... this can be duplicated on both of my new iPhones by doing this:

(1) screen off
(2) I say "hey siri, find music in iTunes store"
(3) screen turns on and Siri responds: "here's the iTunes store"
(4) phone shows "Touch ID or Enter Passcode" screen with the number pad

unless I use my finger or passcode to unlock, the screen remains on indefinitely... but I've only dared to allow it to remain on for 57 minutes. At 58 minutes, I touched the fingerprint sensor and the screen changes to the iTunes store... then if I don't do anythnig for 30 seconds, it turns off(obviously)

I can't imagine this being too good for the battery life if I'm out and about and this happens.

Oh well! Now understood what you want to say.
I just tried it on my iPhone 6s and even I'm experiencing it! Lol.
It's definitely a software bug that Apple should fix!
Thanks for pointing out. I wouldn't have noticed had you not told about this issue!

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Oh well! Now understood what you want to say.
I just tried it on my iPhone 6s and even I'm experiencing it! Lol.
It's definitely a software bug that Apple should fix!
Thanks for pointing out. I wouldn't have noticed had you not told about this issue!

was at the local Apple Store and I was able to duplicate the problem. (also asked the employees to try and they saw the same problem") unfotunately, they had no idea how to "fix" it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR