iPhone 7 Durability

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I scratched my screen in my purse so now a spigen glass protector. It was only 7.99 for 2 and it's the clearest glass protector I've ever used.

Yeah, even if I never use a case I find a glass screen protector essential. Remember that its very easy to break it, not only scratch it.

Cheers

nalakrub

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Seems pretty sturdy. I always put a screen protector on. Speaking for the Jet Black, I show some scuffs on the bottom where I usually start to take off or end putting on a case. I'm talking plastic and rubber cases - super easy to scuff. Otherwise, no issues.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Seems pretty sturdy. I always put a screen protector on. Speaking for the Jet Black, I show some scuffs on the bottom where I usually start to take off or end putting on a case. I'm talking plastic and rubber cases - super easy to scuff. Otherwise, no issues.

Glass screen protector is the most important thing this that's the place where it actually breaks. ;)

Cheers

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So far mine has held up well. I do have a case on it though - albeit a thin one, the Scarf from Totallee. So one of the thinnest cases you can buy. I do drop it once, from about 4 ft and face down it landed on concrete. Luckily I have a glass cover on the screen and I only slightly chipped in a few spots around the edges. I do have the lifetime warranty one so I am getting another in the mail.
Overall though it's held up well and I have had it since day one of release.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Although I've used them before, I'm not a fan of screen protectors (or tempered glass) I end up removing them because I see a change in the marvelous colors and definition the iPhone screen has, and thankfully never had a broken screen (so far *knocks on wood). Cases? Sure, I prefer the very thin ones, which is why I'm looking for something like the peelskin for my jet black 7, I love how it feels in the hand so I want something that doesn't ad up any bulk or weight.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since alot of you guys use those slim cases, why not just go for something like skins from Dbrand or Slickwraps?

My biggest argument against skins is that they're not easy to swap out. I use a few cases and enjoy the ability to easily switch things up.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My biggest argument against skins is that they're not easy to swap out. I use a few cases and enjoy the ability to easily switch things up.

Agree. Also, I do like some protection. I very rarely (if ever) drop my phone, but just in case, I like to have a bit of coverage and protection. I personally have exclusively used the Apple Leather case on my 7. Love it. Looks nice, is slim and feels good in the hand.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Phones are becoming too thin and slippery so I use a Candyshell Grip and a Belkin Glass protector. I have seen some say the matte black chips even with a case but I've had mine since December with no chipping at all. It's been durable but I'm sure it'd be different without a case as all phones do Show wear.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
At lest Apple stop with the "Smartphones made of Glass" trend. That´s really stupid, imo, since we are prone to drop them at some time....

Cheers

Boltagar

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine was knocked out of my hand by a tossed pillow, hit parquet flooring from about two feet. Micro scratches on screen when viewed from a specific angle..

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I always use more substantial cases like the Spigen Tough Armor. It just isnt worth the risk of damage for me. Id have a hard time paying a deductible, let alone the full price to replace my phone if something happened. Not only that, but I am on the road a lot for my job, so always having a working phone is paramount.

HBogard

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
I think without a case it is still a durable phone, normal height drops never damaged my phone or whatsoever, it was one the hardest drop on a concrete floor, still got minor scuffs on the sides, the screen stayed protected, thanks to a the tempered glass screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2