How do I activate iMessage on Jio SIM?

Anshul_J

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I am using Jio SIM in my iPhone 7 and whenever I put the ?iMessage? toggle to ?ON?, it displays message ?Waiting for Activation? for while then it shows error ? Activation Unsuccessful?.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have enough credit for texting on your SIM Card and have enabled international messaging on your line, you should be able to activate.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When you go into the iMessage settings and toggle it to "ON" also go to "Send & Receive" and tap on the Apple ID at the top. Sign out of it. Once signed out, sign back in and see if it activates now.

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am using Jio SIM in my iPhone 7 and whenever I put the ?iMessage? toggle to ?ON?, it displays message ?Waiting for Activation? for while then it shows error ? Activation Unsuccessful?.

After activating i-msg, go to "send and receive" and check if you have your apple ID mentioned, the phone number & email ID in " you can be reached in i-message at" and "start new conversations from "
For me:
you can be reached in i-message at- has both phone no# and email
start new conversations from- has both phone# and email BUT phone # is checked.

Let us know if it works

Anshul_J

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
After activating i-msg, go to "send and receive" and check if you have your apple ID mentioned, the phone number & email ID in " you can be reached in i-message at" and "start new conversations from "
For me:
you can be reached in i-message at- has both phone no# and email
start new conversations from- has both phone# and email BUT phone # is checked.

Let us know if it works

I am not getting the "start new conversations from" option and in the "you can be reached by iMessage at" only getting the email id option (no phone number option) in which i have entered my correct Apple ID.

91A81C76-E225-4A4A-9152-76E11DA49AA0.jpg.

thisoldmohit

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
First of all , the screenshot you attached , it is written "you can be reached at" is correct. No issues here.
What problem is that you cannot activate imessage using jio whenther its iPhone 6 or 7 as it sends an international msg to apple which is not yet launched in jio as its limited in India only.

Anshul_J

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
First of all , the screenshot you attached , it is written "you can be reached at" is correct. No issues here.
What problem is that you cannot activate imessage using jio whenther its iPhone 6 or 7 as it sends an international msg to apple which is not yet launched in jio as its limited in India only.

Actually, a few days ago, i got a message " Carrier Update Available" when i connected my iPhone to PC. After installing the update, iMessage has been activated. :)

Godwin Alex

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Imessage activation is done by sending an International sms from your phone and in reply you will get a hidden message to activate , but in Jio you need to have credit at least 10 Rs for International message to be sent (Probably 5 Rs ) then it will activate quickly . So make sure you have credit balance before switching on your Imessage . (simple, recharge Jio and turn on iMessage):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

sheth1402

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Has anyone been able to sort this out? I have bought the international SMS pack but still unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime. It still has only my email. No phone number. Please help !!!

Indabaa

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having JIO sim on my iPhone and I have no issue using iMessage. Currently on my device iMessage is activate and i can easily send sms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox