pros and cons of Iphone 7?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Pros: iOS, smooth, fast, will last you for years to come with supported software updates, great camera, it just works.

Cons: no headphone jack, simple and no customisation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pros:
Quality build
Fast processor
Excellent memory management
Excellent camera
iCloud integration
Well supported
Easy to use
Tons of available apps

Cons:
Not as open as Android
May not allow for deep tweaking of settings.
No SD card slot
Can't set certain non-Apple apps as the default.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm debating between getting an iphone 7 or a galaxy 7. can anyone that has this phone tell me pros and cons of it?

Not without you saying what you want your phone to do or what other devices you have such as an ipad or Mac?
Since you are on an Apple forum, most will tell you the iP7. Also kind of assuming that is the way you are leaning given that you are here?

Do you have an Apple store nearby for service? For me it is 100+ miles each way. Not exactly just around the corner.
But Samsung service is mostly mail to TX service dept. Could be a big difference for some right there.

Regardless, here are all of the specs compared side by side at link.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy S7 - GSMArena.com

& these guys are fairly objective comparing both devices.
Apple iPhone 7 vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Battle of the sevens - Pocketnow

SamStone333

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I had owned iPhones from iPhone 3 to iPhone 5 but after the 5 I went to various Samsung devices exclusively. The new benchmarks for the iPhone 7 made me take another look at the device and I ended up getting one the first day that they went on sale in Thailand. I had gotten away from the phablet-sized devices so I went with the 7 instead of the 7+. Pluses, it's so fast and smooth and it seems that everything works the way it should every time.

Minuses are having to use iTunes to transfer my songs, etc. every time I want to put a new song or album on my phone I have to fire up iTunes. My biggest complaint is no notification LED, anytime that I'm around the phone I will hear it or see if a message, etc, comes in but when I come in from jogging, etc. I like just looking and seeing if the notification light is on. With the iPhone I have to pick it up and manually look at notifications. Still I am still using it and the lack of an LET light isn't that much after you get used to it.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree with the LED light & itunes. Both of those are the two things that keep me hesitant about switching over.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods