Verizon iphone 7 on AT&T can't enable wifi calling!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting conflicting reports to it's not supported to it will work if the number is provisioned for VOLTE, etc.

Is it possible or do I have to use the AT&T model with the Intel modem that isn't CDMA capable?

IIRC my 6S which was unlocked and used on Verizon DID work with AT&T wifi calling.

EDIT:

Looks like a false alarm. Powering off the iphone and back on again after the sim card swap seems to have fixed the issue and now wifi calling has been turned on successfully!

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Verizon 6 on AT&T and wifi calling works just fine for me. Glad you got it resolved.

Sher the love

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I thought I was having this issue too, but looks like if you have a good cell signal,it won't use wifi calling. I put my phone into airplane mode and enables only wifi. Wifi calling then worked. I thought it would work similar to T-Mobile wifi calling and always use wifi.

I'm using an unlocked iPhone 7, which I believe is the same as Verizon.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was having this issue too, but looks like if you have a good cell signal,it won't use wifi calling. I put my phone into airplane mode and enables only wifi. Wifi calling then worked. I thought it would work similar to T-Mobile wifi calling and always use wifi.

I'm using an unlocked iPhone 7, which I believe is the same as Verizon.

This is correct. Wifi calling only kicks in when your cellular signal is low --- for me, it is nearly always on when I'm at home since I get poor reception here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2