Is it really a worthy upgrade from the 6s Plus?

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, finding it hard to pull the trigger on upgrading from my 6s Plus to the 7 or 7 Plus.

Anyone here upgrade from the 6s Plus? If so, with all honesty, do you feel it was worth the upgrade?

If I had a 6 I would be all over it but as it stands I just can't seem to feel it is a worthy upgrade from the 6s Plus. Thoughts?

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Did you get a 7 in place of your 6s Plus?

Just curious if anyone here with a 7 got it to replace their 6s Plus. If so, why?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Did you get a 7 in place of your 6s Plus?

I thought it was a move in the right direction in terms of portability; but missing the screen size and battery life now

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Did you get a 7 in place of your 6s Plus?

Just curious if anyone here with a 7 got it to replace their 6s Plus. If so, why?

Yes, I did. I initially purchased a black iPhone 7 to replace my Gold iPhone 6S Plus. Why? I simply wanted the iPhone 7. I enjoyed everything about the iPhone 7, including its size, but after using it for 2 weeks, I swapped it out the the iPhone 7 Plus because I realized that I prefer its size more as opposed to that of the iPhone 7.

Last edited:

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

To be honest with you I would have to say no it's not really worth upgrading to from a 6s Plus. If you were like one or two iphone generations behind (like I was) then it would be a yes. If you 6s Plus still works fine, I would wait a year for the iphone 8 as it's rumored to be a BIG release from apple.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To me, this is a personal choice. I have (still have it in a drawer) an iPhone 6s Plus, 64GB, with Apple care (expires in March 2017).

I preordered an iPhone 7 Plus 64GB, Black. Did I need it? Not really, but I like playing with gadgets and the latest gadget. That's my only vice; albeit an expensive one. So...

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6S+ for a year and have had the iPhone 7+ since getting it
when it was first delivered in the States. As someone who's had both phones, I think the upgrade is absolutely worth it. For me, I like the speed and camera, because people don?t talk about how powerful the 7+ is. It?s a beast! Some people like the storage. Thing is, whatever your main motivation might be, you get all of the bonuses that come with the phone.

Now, if you really need the money for something else, like a kidney transplant, then save the upgrade cost. But if the question is whether you?ll have a better phone with some cool new capabilities, you will.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, finding it hard to pull the trigger on upgrading from my 6s Plus to the 7 or 7 Plus.

If you are already doubting about this choice, then I think it answers your question. The new phone isn't as appealing to you with new features or improvements that you really really want. So better save the money for next model :)

I'm also on a 6S+ and don't feel that much of a need to go to 7, so I'll wait at least another year.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I do not think it is worth it. Its incremental upgrades from the 6s. The new camera system is very intriguing, but I really don't think that it is worth the upgrade. I almost did, and now I am very happy I did not. I will be getting the next one.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's only worth it if you deem it's worth it. Ultimately it's your money. Your investment. It's worth it if you simply want the latest and greatest Apple has to offer.

I personally went from the 6S to the 7 Plus and it was definitely worth it to me. My wife went from the 6 to the 7 and she probably couldn't tell you a difference. She would still have her 6 had I not upgraded for her, honestly.

Point being, everyones experience varies. What is worth it to one may not be worth it to the next. I'd say make the jump and if you don't enjoy it..switch back.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
(7plus) Better camera + haptic home button + water resistance + no headphone jack + higher processor (I don't think i can even see the differences) vs 6s plus. If these points are crucial enough for you and you have no issue for spending, then replace :)

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I dont think it?s worth it at all...I dont get all this 1 year "upgrade bug" many people gets bitten with...but that?s just me. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox