No sound in media on certain apps in iOS 10

freakout311style

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been asked, I searched but didn't find anything that was close enough to what I'm experiencing;

I upgraded to the iPhone 7 from a 6S when it came out last month. Everything is working as expected, except that I'm having a weird issue with the sound not working in media in certain apps (Mainly Flipboard and Hootsuite, with a few others, but those are the big ones that I use). When I try to view videos on either of these apps, the video plays perfectly fine, but there is no sound (even when the volume is maxed) playing from the video. If I play it in a different app (Twitter, Facebook, Safari), the video plays with sound as it should. I've deleted and reinstalled the apps, thinking that it could be corrupt somewhere, but that hasn't changed what I'm experiencing. Additionally, it never seems to happen in Apple apps, or "official" apps, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I never experienced this with my 6S running iOS 9 (I had 10 on it briefly before I got the new phone, but I didn't have it long enough to notice if this happened after the software update).

Has anyone else experienced this?