Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I notice I have a few scratches when the lights glaring on my screen. I am paranoid. How would you suggest I get rid of even though they are very small. I googled it last night and it suggested baking soda with water until you get a thick paste. One website suggested toothpaste with a toothbrush (which I tried).

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I notice I have a few scratches when the lights glaring on my screen. I am paranoid. How would you suggest I get rid of even though they are very small. I googled it last night and it suggested baking soda with water until you get a thick paste. One website suggested toothpaste with a toothbrush (which I tried).

Okay I have a feeling that taking tooth brush to a screen might only make it worse. Who cares? It's a phone, it's a tool. meant to be USED.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
One suggested toothbrush, The other suggested are you soft cloth or a cotton swab. Why wouldn't you want to take care of $800 device

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to clean it with my shirt A couple weeks ago & I think that's how it happened. If you can't see it without putting it on the light in a certain way, does that mean it's not too bad? A screenshot wouldn't show it at all

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes. It should disappear, depending on the deep mess of the scratch.

I've had very light scratching and think it was just the oleophobic coating. I always use the clothes that you get from Costco with your eyeglasses and those are great. I've used that to try and buff them out before and no luck. Scratches that were so light they could t not be felt and could only be seen in certain light situations under the sunlight.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had very light scratching and think it was just the oleophobic coating. I always use the clothes that you get from Costco with your eyeglasses and those are great. I've used that to try and buff them out before and no luck. Scratches that were so light they could t not be felt and could only be seen in certain light situations under the sunlight.

Oh okay.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I was watching a YouTube video of how to remove scratches & The first one recommended rubbing zagg clear foam on a soft eyewear cloth. Has anyone tried this?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it's the screen oleophobic coating that is scratched. Trying to get rid of those tiny scratches will also remove the coating as well which will make the phone prone to finger greases staying on the screen. I suggest you leave it as is and apply a glass screen protector on the iPhone screen, that way you will not see those scratches there any more even when you place it on a direct light angle. In addition, you will not add more hair scratches to the actual display anymore.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So putting a glass screen protector on will make you not notice the scratch. Lol

I had a scratch on my iPhone 5 that was more visible than it sounds like yours probably is. putting a screen protector on it made it disappear completely. It also prevented any further scratches.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a scratch on my iPhone 5 that was more visible than it sounds like yours probably is. putting a screen protector on it made it disappear completely. It also prevented any further scratches.

Why doesn't it cover the whole screen though. The edges are showing. Lol

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, maybe if you just use a creen protector you won't be able to see the scratch becuase the glue of the screen protector will fill it and your screen will be protected.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro