Re: In-secure wi-fi

Damn, I made a mistake in my the title.

Should read un-secure instead of in.

Mod, please change it as I can't edit for some reasons

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Usecure Wi-Fi

Wait. Apple Store? An unsecured network shouldn't prevent you from browsing items to purchase via the Apple website.

You have miss the "n". Well I am connected to an free wifi in a truck stop and I can't acces the Apple Store even in app purchase. It shows up but I can't do nothing with it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Usecure Wi-Fi

You have miss the "n". Well I am connected to an free wifi in a truck stop and I can't acces the Apple Store even in app purchase. It shows up but I can't do nothing with it

Oh, so you mean the App Store and not the Apple Store. Even so, an unsecured Wi-Fi network should not prevent access to the App Store. Having said that, the Wi-Fi network at the truck stop could be configured to restrict certain types of traffic on its network, but I'm only speculating.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh, so you mean the App Store and not the Apple Store. Even so, an unsecured Wi-Fi network should not prevent access to the App Store. Having said that, the Wi-Fi network at the truck stop could be configured to restrict certain types of traffic on its network, but I'm only speculating.

Right, it is my first time using iphone in a very long time. So everything is new to me.

But the fact remain I should be able to download the truck's one app I need.
Last night what I did was connecting to my work android phone using the secure connection I set up to download certain apps related to windows. Now I can't do it cause I went over my minutes one he work phone

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
On my android work phone I can go to any web site to download any related apps for my work

Iphone no can do

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
On my android work phone I can go to any web site to download any related apps for my work

Iphone no can do

It has nothing to do with the wifi.... secured or unsecured. If you have an internet connection you can download apps. There is nothing "Phone specific" stopping you from doing that Android or iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right, it is my first time using iphone in a very long time. So everything is new to me.

But the fact remain I should be able to download the truck's one app I need.
Last night what I did was connecting to my work android phone using the secure connection I set up to download certain apps related to windows. Now I can't do it cause I went over my minutes one he work phone

Now I'm confused. The thread title is in regard to an "unsecure Wi-Fi", but now you're saying you should be able to download a truck app of some sort and you've gone over your minutes, etcetera. What is your primary concern or specific problem you're having?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to get to other sites other than Apple Store? If so, then you have an internet connection. If not, you don't and that's why you can't get to the appstore.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm confused. The thread title is in regard to an "unsecure Wi-Fi", but now you're saying you should be able to download a truck app of some sort and you've gone over your minutes, etcetera. What is your primary concern or specific problem you're having?

Sorry for the confusion.
I am on unsecure wifi in a truck stop using ip7 I can't access the apps store for download any apps it says can't connect to store.
Even if I go to any website and click on one needed apps it brings me to apple apps store and still tell me can't connect to the store.

On the other hand I can used android to download any apps from any web store by bringing me to the google store.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the wifi.... secured or unsecured. If you have an internet connection you can download apps. There is nothing "Phone specific" stopping you from doing that Android or iOS.

I am using the iPhone 7 on wifi here in this forum so I must have internet connection

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am using the iPhone 7 on wifi here in this forum so I must have internet connection

Are you using the "app" for the App Store, the blue one? Or are you using a browser on the phone and trying to connect to either the app-store or itunes or something. It's not very clear. I have downloaded apps in the car, at a truck stop, in a restaurant, on a train, etc.. so I am confused what you're actually doing. Are you correctly signed into the app store in settings with your apple and/or iTunes ID?

Also you could be using your iPhone data to connect to this forum, you can surf websites over data too.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the "app" for the App Store, the blue one? Or are you using a browser on the phone and trying to connect to either the app-store or itunes or something. It's not very clear. I have downloaded apps in the car, at a truck stop, in a restaurant, on a train, etc.. so I am confused what you're actually doing. Are you correctly signed into the app store in settings with your apple and/or iTunes ID?

Also you could be using your iPhone data to connect to this forum, you can surf websites over data too.

Right now I'm using the browser to access the forums like I've always done regardless of phone.

I should have also mention in my first post that the phone is on airplane while on free wifi which does not required a password.
Make me think it's a limitation of the iPhone.

Last night I used a secured wifi from my android work phone then I could access the apple apps store.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm using the browser to access the forums like I've always done regardless of phone.

I should have also mention in my first post that the phone is on airplane while on free wifi which does not required a password.
Make me think it's a limitation of the iPhone.

Last night I used a secured wifi from my android work phone then I could access the apple apps store.

You were talking about getting an app. My question was addressing "how are you trying to download the app?" You said you were getting errors. There is no limitation on the iPhone stopping you from downloading apps to the phone on wifi secured or unsecured. As you're not actually answering the questions asked by those trying to help, I am not sure who can help or if you even really want help. Again to get an app onto the iPhone use the App icon / app on your iPhone and NOT A BROWSER. It looks like this..

app-store-icon.jpg

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
You were talking about getting an app. My question was addressing "how are you trying to download the app?" You said you were getting errors. There is no limitation on the iPhone stopping you from downloading apps to the phone on wifi secured or unsecured. As you're not actually answering the questions asked by those trying to help, I am not sure who can help or if you even really want help. Again to get an app onto the iPhone use the App icon / app on your iPhone and NOT A BROWSER. It looks like this..

View attachment 113272

I know what the icon for the apps store look like. I can't access it.

Either I use the browser or try to acces the apps store it does not work

Again is it because I am using the phone on airplane mode while connected to an unsecured wifi (free) that I can't access the apps store.

And thanks to those trying to help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR