Unsecure Wi-Fi

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I know what the icon for the apps store look like. I can't access it.

Either I use the browser or try to acces the apps store it does not work

Again is it because I am using the phone on airplane mode while connected to an unsecured wifi (free) that I can't access the apps store.

And thanks to those trying to help

... at this point, all I can say is "good luck"

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me like you're dealing with bad wifi.
I have used free wifi in many countries and even more places and my iPhone never prevented me from downloading an app or visiting any website.

That being said, I have been connected to a few wifi where there was no internet connection behind it at all. It was a dud.

It could be in your case that the owner of the wifi has restricted access to the AppStore and some other websites and streaming services to guarantee a balanced internet experience for everybody.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me like you're dealing with bad wifi.
I have used free wifi in many countries and even more places and my iPhone never prevented me from downloading an app or visiting any website.

That being said, I have been connected to a few wifi where there was no internet connection behind it at all. It was a dud.

It could be in your case that the owner of the wifi has restricted access to the AppStore and some other websites and streaming services to guarantee a balanced internet experience for everybody.

I can go to any website there is no problem with it

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I should have also mention in my first post that the phone is on airplane while on free wifi which does not required a password.
Make me think it's a limitation of the iPhone.

Last night I used a secured wifi from my android work phone then I could access the apple apps store.

I believe that if your iPhone is on airplane mode, you cannot access wifi. Try turning off airplane mode, and then connecting to the app store.