I'm returning my iPhone 7 tomorrow

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
"So I guess that's it - I'll be returning it tomorrow and going back to my 6. Overall it has been a sh***y experience made worse by a sh***y support response. I'm very disappointed."

Completely agree, after spending that much money I would be pissed with bad service. They should take responsibility when there is an observable fault!

Funny, I had issues with my first phone. Within 1-hour of calling I was already talking to 3rd level support. They quickly sent me a new phone FedEx overnight. I was able to hold on to my old phone until my new one was working. Free shipping back, easy-peasy. Sorry you did not have the same luck.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well if tech support suggested a device wipe to see if it was software related and he didn't do it, I understand why they said no.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Given my experiences with Apple, I find OP's story almost difficult to believe. It could be the backup or something else, but it?s almost like he wants to fail and complain instead of simply following directions or tracking the battery hog situation. Weird.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
From op side, i too will frustated and a bit angry to have this problem, after spending not a cheap price to purchase this phone.

But on the other hand, apple staff should have test the battery (they do have software to analyze the battery performance without taking out the battery physically), and the result was still good, and based on their policy, maybe they can't replace directly, but suggest solution to wipe the phone.

Anyway, wish you will get another nice phone :)

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
It's really bizarre, IMO, not to at least try to work with them. Why go through all that trouble when a fix may be readily available? :raised-eyebrow:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm rather late to the conversation here. But, I want an ending to the story. Did you in fact return the device, or upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus instead?

Inquiring minds want to know :(

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm rather late to the conversation here. But, I want an ending to the story. Did you in fact return the device, or upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus instead?

Inquiring minds want to know :(

Maybe, he is the land of untold story so he can't end it

Last edited:

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
My last experience with an iPhone was a 3GS. Coming back after awhile of overheating fragmented lg and Samsung phones last phone was a Note 5 which was descent but had to be charged couple times a day. I'm happy to be back with my iPhone 7. Seen some pretty good battery life with it using it pretty often

BR34KF4ST

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
OP probably watches a lot of YouTube (I'm guessing) because it's the same for me , when I watch YouTube it drains my battery real quick. If I watch a lot of YouTube I have to charge my phone twice maybe sometimes 3 times a day it's pretty frustrating coming from an android which has a battery that can last for more then a day

BR34KF4ST

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
OP probably watches a lot of YouTube (I'm guessing) because it's the same for me , when I watch YouTube it drains my battery real quick. If I watch a lot of YouTube I have to charge my phone twice maybe sometimes 3 times a day it's pretty frustrating coming from an android which has a battery that can last for more then a day

Also for some reason snapchat has more background usage then on screen usage (yes I always close my apps after I'm done)

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issues with battery. I work in a building where I cannot have my phone at all. So i put it in airplane mode and put it into a little metal mailbox for the day. even just sitting in there, never having been accessed, it loses about 40% of the battery. i tried just turning it completely off and i lose even more when i turn it back on.

I too have been to Apple and they say the battery is healthy and normal. But this isn't "normal" for me. With my 6 and 6s i NEVER lost that much battery while the phone was dormant.

I've also been experiencing the signal issues that seem to plague iOS 10. I have tmobile and i'm noticing MUCH more dead spots than ever before. I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that the 7 can't access CDMA towers if you have the GSM model? or so i've heard?

I'm headed to Apple today to make a final plea before going to tmobile and wasting an "upgrade" on the iPhone 6s.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I've had the same issues with battery. I work in a building where I cannot have my phone at all. So i put it in airplane mode and put it into a little metal mailbox for the day. even just sitting in there, never having been accessed, it loses about 40% of the battery. i tried just turning it completely off and i lose even more when i turn it back on.

I too have been to Apple and they say the battery is healthy and normal. But this isn't "normal" for me. With my 6 and 6s i NEVER lost that much battery while the phone was dormant.

I've also been experiencing the signal issues that seem to plague iOS 10. I have tmobile and i'm noticing MUCH more dead spots than ever before. I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that the 7 can't access CDMA towers if you have the GSM model? or so i've heard?

I'm headed to Apple today to make a final plea before going to tmobile and wasting an "upgrade" on the iPhone 6s.

Wow that doesn't sound right at all! I have been off battery for six hours already and I'm barely down to 80% even though I've been on my phone quite heavily. At this point I will probably be at about another 20% down by the time I get home which means I will still be at 60%. This is with a smart watch paired and a Bluetooth headset paired and email ssyncingand brightness about three fourths of the way up. I'm also on T-Mobile and I'm not experiencing any of the issues you are.