Freezing Issues

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed the past few days my iPhone 7 is staring to freeze up, when it does, the home button is non responsive and I have had to press the power and volume buttons to try and get the device to wake up.

Anyone else having these issues? I can't pin it down to just one app, seems to be randomly happening no matter what app I am using.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Guy at work bought a black 7 almost a month ago. Couple weeks back, he brought it to me froze up and kept crashing stock apps like settings. I finally got it to erase and reset then all was well. I've never experienced that on any of my iPhones in the past, nor my current iPhone 6s+. I hope Apple didn't make a mistake with that new fusion quad core.

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this issue lately as well. I try the old soft reset but that doesn't work. It sucks because I use to brag to Android users that I never had an issue with freezing like they did but now I can't anymore.

I just upgraded to 10.0.3 so we'll see if they've fixed it

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Today i had my first freeze where nothing would work. Except plug it in to have the screen to back on bit still frozen

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After reading many different problems/situations with the current new iPhones, I decided to set up my new 7 Plus as new (lots of work), and not use any type (iCloud or iTunes) of backup. I'm happy to report that I haven't had any problems with my new Verizon iPhone 256gb Jet Black. Surprisingly not even connection issues that I was constantly reading about on this year's version of the Verizon iPhones. Not sure this method is the reason for no problems, but I'm happy with my iPhone.
The most recent update to iOS 10.1 as well as Verizon's carrier update seems to have enhanced my signal strength.

dmcman73

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
To those that think a "fresh start" will prevent the lock ups, it won't. It may help at first but the freezing will return. I'm a new iPhone user (had Android previously) and I set up my account new, for the first time when I setup my iPhone 7 and I was experiencing freezing the same day of getting the phone and that was on 10.0.2. When 10.0.3 came out, I installed that but was still having freezing issues, albeit not as much as there were in 10.0.2. I just downloaded 10.1 today and installed it, hopefully they eliminated the freezing issue.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
To those that think a "fresh start" will prevent the lock ups, it won't. It may help at first but the freezing will return. I'm a new iPhone user (had Android previously) and I set up my account new, for the first time when I setup my iPhone 7 and I was experiencing freezing the same day of getting the phone and that was on 10.0.2. When 10.0.3 came out, I installed that but was still having freezing issues, albeit not as much as there were in 10.0.2. I just downloaded 10.1 today and installed it, hopefully they eliminated the freezing issue.

That did happen only once since i got the phone 2 weeks ago. I'm on 10.0.3

BassSoLow

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
My wife was having this issue as well. As stated above, she did a full restore and started as a new iPhone. She did not use an iCloud backup and that seems to have fixed the issue for her.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I appreciate all the feedback and since I posted this thread, I have updated to 10.1 and the device hasn't froze up yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR