I just bought a 32gb iphone 7 and don't know If I made a mistake please reply!!!

msproject

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I bought an iphone 7 32gb and i don't know if I made a mistake, i bought it because i got it for a lot cheaper compared to the 128gb model. i don't download songs, movies or record or take photos. I just download lots of games. The biggest concern is It was recently found that the 32gb model is slower than the others. I am really upset and don't know what to do. I will receive it tomorrow or the day after if i cancel I receive it in 5 days if i order 128gb after canceling(it will cost a lot more). Please help i'm really upset. Should I cancel the order or keep it. Please reply!!!!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

No need to get upset. The difference in speed would be negligible between the 32GB & 128GB. You as the average consumer would never see it. But if you are that concerned about it, then I suggest cancelling the 32 and ordering the 128.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't cancel it for speed reasons. It's still going to be plenty fast and I doubt you'll notice the difference. The only reason I'd cancel is if you're worried about the storage. Once you download all your stuff down, check your available storage. If you think you'll be fine with that until your next upgrade then stick with it. If you've got any doubts and can afford the higher model then go for it! You won't be disappointed.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The 32 GB iPhone 7 is still one of the fastest smartphones on the market. If it hadn't come out there is a slight speed difference between models I doubt anyone would notice. If you're truly concerned then upgrade but I don't think you'll notice a difference.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Unless your habit in regards to downloading songs, movies, or photos change, you should be fine with 32gb of storage for game applications. And like others said, I wouldn't worry at all about the speed because you will never notice it to be slow anyway. So just get your iPhone and enjoy it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
A smaller amount of storage isn't going to make a phone slower. If you say, bought the iPhone 6 instead of the 7, yes, then you would have a slower phone.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought an iphone 7 32gb and i don't know if I made a mistake, i bought it because i got it for a lot cheaper compared to the 128gb model. i don't download songs, movies or record or take photos. I just download lots of games. The biggest concern is It was recently found that the 32gb model is slower than the others. I am really upset and don't know what to do. I will receive it tomorrow or the day after if i cancel I receive it in 5 days if i order 128gb after canceling(it will cost a lot more). Please help i'm really upset. Should I cancel the order or keep it. Please reply!!!!
I think you'll be fine with the 32gb. But if you can and have the money just cancel it and order the 128GB ;)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
If you can swing the extra $100 for the 128gb absolutely do so... 32gb is not much and it sucks managing memory on these devices (see pic below). Media (songs, pics, videos, etc) tend to eat up the most space over time and games/apps are hit/miss, some are tiny and some are HUGE... totally depends on the type of game/app

iphone-storage-almost-full.png

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
There was a test done that showed the write and read speeds of the 32gb model was slower than the 128gb.

To the OP: If you are coming from a 16gb and you are going up to the 32gb and have been managing it just fine I think you will be ok. You wont notice the speed, unless you think you will use up more storage I would go to the 128gb but because of the speed you shouldn't be concerned.

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Most people are saying you will not notice the speed difference...... I on the other hand did right away (even coming from my iPhone 6S Plus) my 7 Plus felt slower, more sluggish and less responsive. I too bought the 32GB model, then decided I was tired of the Plus size and wanted to go with just the 7 this go around, so I returned my 7 Plus 32GB and picked up a 128GB iPhone 7. And the speed and overall performance is now as expected. Its hard to explain the speed difference without using both a base 32 then the upgrade 128, but its there and noticeable..... When you get your phone go to Verizon drop the extra 100.00 and get the 128GB model.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Firstly, Big welcome to iMore, we hope you enjoy your stay.

If you don't download songs, movies or take photos i don't think your space will be eaten up very quickly. If you like playing games, the 32GB should be alright. If you do run into a situation where you have run out of space, just simply delete one or 2 of the games. ^_^ Hope this makes you feel better. Rather just enjoy the phone :)

msproject

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies, I ended up keeping the iphone 7 32gb since I get 5gb data instead of 1gb which i would of got with the 128gb version. Luckily, it got dispatched a lot quicker than I expected. I got my 32gb iphone on a sale for ?35.99 with unlimited texts, minutes and 5gb. Network: EE. The only other option made you pay ?60 upfront with ?39 a month and only cxame with 1gb data. Network: Vodafone( A lot worse than EE). I currently have 18gb left of my 32gb storage and i've basically downloaded like 30 games. I'm pretty happy but still got the fear of running out. I'll probably have 2gb left when I upgrade to my next phone. Good or bad choice?

msproject

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Before this I used to use Tom's Guide. I barely got answers and they usually say things like "whatever you want" and there's only one answer. On this I got so much help and support I'd never go back to tom's guide.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711