iPhone 7 Terrible Call quality on AT&T

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have mentioned this in the Verizon thread but this has consistently happened to me every single time that I want to start a thread of its own.

I have an iPhone 7 that I use on AT&T and I've had issues with call quality. I think overall call quality is worse than on my SE and 6s. This is especially noticeable when I'm home where signal isn't very strong and I'm using wifi calling. I've literally dropped nearly ever call in this situation. It's terrible.

What has everyone's experience been with your 7 on AT&T?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a iP 7 and am on AT&T. I use it home where the closest site is less than 1/8 of a mile from my house and my drive to and from work and at work were the site range from 200' to more than a mile away and I have not heard any difference in call quality between my 6S and 7.

The only big problem I have is at my shop where the closest AT&T site is about a mile away. From inside the shop I don't have a direct line of site to the tower and most of the time I have to go outside to make or answer a call. This is not unique to the iP7 though. I have had this problem since my first iPhone, 3G.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My signal is worse and my connection sounds worse via AT&T with the iPhone 7. Now, not 100% sure it's the 7 and not iOS 10.0.2. Waiting for a carrier update to find out if things change. I had to turn off Phone/Wifi support as it would switch to wifi nearly 100% of the time when Wifi was available, but not switch back.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. The Verizon issues seem much more pronounced but other folks having issues, too. Really hoping it's software related and carrier and OS updates will fix.

thatdangkidhere

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I have ATT and a new iPhone 7 plus. I have kind of crappy cell service sometimes but I think that for the most part it is just at my house. I don't know if my house is in a twilight zone or what. I can walk out back and my service gets better, sometimes still bad though, but in the house it is almost impossible to have a phone conversation. Once the person on the other line can hear you, it is almost like a game of freeze tag. If I move, I lose them. I am going to stick with ATT though because their rates are much better than other companies for what I have and the other companies are even worse for cell service in my area.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 that I use on AT&T and I've had issues with call quality. I think overall call quality is worse than on my SE and 6s. This is especially noticeable when I'm home where signal isn't very strong and I'm using wifi calling. I've literally dropped nearly ever call in this situation. It's terrible.

You're dropping calls when you're using wifi calling?? That shouldn't happen unless there's a problem with your wifi signal. Is your router signal strength adequate?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You're dropping calls when you're using wifi calling?? That shouldn't happen unless there's a problem with your wifi signal. Is your router signal strength adequate?

It's happening for a lot of people since iOS 10. Not just @eyecrispy. Many forums are talking about this issue.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I am. It's crazy. Wifi strength is fine. Never had this issue on my SE or 6s.

It's happening for a lot of people since iOS 10. Not just @eyecrispy. Many forums are talking about this issue.

Doesn't seem to be impacting as many on AT&T. Verizon folks seem to be suffering more issues.

cespinal

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried 3 different iphone 7's because of this same issue on AT&T and it was the same with all 3 so i returned it and purchased an SE. Much better.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried 3 different iphone 7's because of this same issue on AT&T and it was the same with all 3 so i returned it and purchased an SE. Much better.

But it's a problem that will be resolved shortly. For me, I would rather have an iPhone 7 with some minor issues that will be fixed in a few weeks, than spend my money on a SE that I personally would not want. Just a choice.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, they mentioned doing this but i said the same thing. I'm not purchasing a $700 phone to turn off features.

Exactly! Don't offer a feature if it doesn't work.

Well, I updated to iOS 10.0.3 last night, which is supposed to have some bug fixes related to connectivity and whatnot. Will see if that makes a difference. I haven't used it on a call yet.

Senki6

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I got three different 7's and none of them worked. The call quality was terrible and then the calls would drop. I wish they'd do something to resolve this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro