Battery Life Compares to a 6 Plus

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I'll be upgrading from an iPhone 6 Plus and I haven't decided whether to go for the 7 or 7 Plus. The only reason I'd go with the 7 Plus would be for battery life but if the 7 offers the same or even a little bit better battery life than my current 6 Plus then I'll definitely go that route. Does anyone know if the 7s battery life is as good or better than the 6 Plus? Any input would be much appreciated!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Really they are all about the same. The plus sized phones have a bigger battery and thus will give you more life. I say go for the device that feels the best in your hands and has the features (camera) that you want.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I'll be upgrading from an iPhone 6 Plus and I haven't decided whether to go for the 7 or 7 Plus. The only reason I'd go with the 7 Plus would be for battery life but if the 7 offers the same or even a little bit better battery life than my current 6 Plus then I'll definitely go that route. Does anyone know if the 7s battery life is as good or better than the 6 Plus? Any input would be much appreciated!

It's hard to say. Both are supposed to give about 2+ hours over the 6S. However, that being said, my iPhone 7 is giving me worse battery life than my iPhone 6 (not S).. so who knows for sure?

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I know I would be happier with a smaller device, I have small hands for a guy and I also know my pockets would thank me for a smaller device. One hand use would also be a huge plus for me. The only thing I'm worried about is the battery. I'm a medium-heavy user. And weekends it's almost always heavy usage. I need a device that will last me through the day. Or at least 12-14 hours. Topping the battery off in the middle of the day isn't a big issue as I do that now. But I don't want to have to be worried about that. If I can make it from about 7AM till about 1PM with around 60-70% battery life I'd be more than happy as I could top it off.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've just gone from the 6s+ to the 7 and I was concerned about battery life. I wouldn't call myself a heavy user but I do have the Apple Watch so Bluetooth is connected all the time.

I've not had it a full day yet so haven't drawn a final conclusion, but to give an idea so far:
Fully charged and taken off charge at about 01:00...left on standby but still connected to Apple Watch and push notifications. Woke up at 06:45 and the phone is on 92%. I'm pretty happy with that, my plus would have been a few more percent higher, but given the difference in battery size I'd say it's a promising start.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
After giving it some more thought, I think my best choice would be the 7 Plus. I know I'd appreciate the pocketable size of the 7 and the one handed use, but I don't think I can pass up on the battery of the Plus. It's not like my jeans are getting smaller so I shouldn't have any issue with the Plus size. It'll still look ridiculous when I hold it up to my ear but I guess I can live with it.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I went from a 6s Plus to a regular iPhone 7, and to be honest it's about the same for me. I charged it to full 100% yesterday morning, used it lightly yesterday and last night, powered it off overnight and this morning I'm sitting at 54% at 9:30 AM., a full 24 hours since my last charge. So my iPhone 7 so far is getting good battery life, for my usage that is. I'm not a heavy user, I would say moderate....my 6s Plus was comparable....maybe slightly more battery life but not much.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I have been pleasantly surprised with battery on my 7. My 6s struggled and the 7 easily makes it through a day. Now only time will tell if it remains that way in a few months, but I do not think you will be disappointed with battery on the 7. I like the plus, it is just too large with the large chin and bezels they put.

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say. Both are supposed to give about 2+ hours over the 6S. However, that being said, my iPhone 7 is giving me worse battery life than my iPhone 6 (not S).. so who knows for sure?

I had 6s which I gave to my wife and I bought the 7. To be honest, the battery looks the same to me in usage. However, the 7 keeps more juice when on DND during night. I wake up in the morning almost full while it drained much more with the 6s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner