Verizon iPhone 7 Users...Reception issues?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have this on my 6s. I take my son to before-school care and come out of the building to 1x. I can be well down the road before it changes back, sometimes to only 3G. If I toggle cell data, it'll usually come right back to LTE.

Maddening.

Geez man that sucks. My 6s Plus is fine, but the 7 has issues. I do the same thing as you and all is well again.

I decided to install the 10.1 beta last night. To early to tell but it seems better. There was also a carrier update for Verizon as well from 25.1 to 26 just FYI.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If it's the device, I would almost take return my 7 to Best Buy...pay the restocking fee, and order a 7+...and wait it out. Perhaps by the time I actually get my phone...this whole deal will have worked itself out, whether it's an Apple or Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile thing and all will be right with the world again.

I have WiFi dropping off now and having to be reconnected each time I come to work or go home to my wireless there...where my 6s did it automatically and flawlessly.

I really hate to be the moaner & groaner, but...I've never had this stuff with a new iPhone, and I've had them all.

I'm thinking...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If it's the device, I would almost take return my 7 to Best Buy...pay the restocking fee, and order a 7+...and wait it out. Perhaps by the time I actually get my phone...this whole deal will have worked itself out, whether it's an Apple or Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile thing and all will be right with the world again.

I have WiFi dropping off now and having to be reconnected each time I come to work or go home to my wireless there...where my 6s did it automatically and flawlessly.

I really hate to be the moaner & groaner, but...I've never had this stuff with a new iPhone, and I've had them all.

I'm thinking...

Agree. There have been more headaches than I care for on the 7. I really hope it's not hardware.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Question -- Do you really think it's a 7 issue and not a 7+ issue? I see the same issues on other boards for the 7+. It's your phone, your restocking fee, your choice. My question is, that if it's a software / firmware issue, will you still be happy with your choice after spending extra time and money?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I'm thinking...

BB doesn't charge restocking fees. That's a carrier store thing.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Question -- Do you really think it's a 7 issue and not a 7+ issue? I see the same issues on other boards for the 7+. It's your phone, your restocking fee, your choice. My question is, that if it's a software / firmware issue, will you still be happy with your choice after spending extra time and money?

Ummm...no, and I don't know. :p

I was thinking "out loud" I guess. Just a bit frustrating, that's all. I never expect iPhones to be buggy like Android devices, I expect them to be good to go right out of the box.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile but bought a Verizon phone, The guy at Apple said that Verizon phones can be used on all networks but T-Mobile units only on T-Mobile and ATT. I have accounts with T-Mobile and Verizon and my family is on Verizon so I figured that would be better for me in case someone smashed their phone and needed to take mine.

As far a reception for Verizon, I asked my wife and daughter and they thought that their 7+ was at least as good as their old 6s+ if not better. So no problems here in the Boston area

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Well...I don't know whether my iPhone 7 felt guilty after being talked about so harshly, Verizon dropped a network patch of some kind, the OS just needed to "settle", or the planets all aligned...but my 7 has suddenly gotten its act together...completely. It sticks like glue to LTE, "remembers" WiFi signals, and I haven't had a single complaint about poor in-call sound quality...and I've not dropped a single call. Weird, to say the least!

This nirvana may end tomorrow, but for now...it's all good. Hope everyone else has the same experience.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I sent Rene Richie a message weeks ago about this issue to try to gain notoriety in order to bring it to apple and Verizon's attention. Well never heard back from him. But now, apple, Verizon and other tech sites are finally reporting this as a huge issue. A lot of us did Telephony Logging for apple engineers on macrumors. There's a huge thread going on about this issue since day 1. It's affecting the 7 and 7+, mostly on Verizon but has affected other carriers across the globe. It also appears to be software related. The newest dev beta 2 with carrier Verizon 26.0 doesn't resolve it, but it reduces occurrences apparently.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-plus-no-service-vzw.1997680/

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
For what it's worth, I sent Rene Richie a message weeks ago about this issue to try to gain notoriety in order to bring it to apple and Verizon's attention. Well never heard back from him. But now, apple, Verizon and other tech sites are finally reporting this as a huge issue. A lot of us did Telephony Logging for apple engineers on macrumors. There's a huge thread going on about this issue since day 1. It's affecting the 7 and 7+, mostly on Verizon but has affected other carriers across the globe. It also appears to be software related. The newest dev beta 2 with carrier Verizon 26.0 doesn't resolve it, but it reduces occurrences apparently.

Carrier - iPhone 7 Plus "No Service" (VZW) | MacRumors Forums

Wow! 50-pages to that thread so far over there! Clearly this is a widespread issue & I hope my phone's sudden turnaround wasn't a fluke or isolated incident...I hope Apple and/or the carriers get their acts together, and quickly.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I have yet to see it. But I'm also on 10.1 beta so maybe thats why. Haven't read that thread yet to know if 10.1 is a difference maker or not.

That's because the people on imore barely cover the beta versions when they come out. Macrumors has findings/fixes threads for each beta.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I just got confirmation that my daughter and her Mother are having terrible reception with their new New 7+ on Verizon

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Definitely having issues. Tried resetting network settings, turning off VoLTE and no success. Need a fix from Apple and Verizon for sure

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
My phone has been much better since installing the beta. Anyone else?

Only issue my iPhone 7 has it hanging onto wifi. Anyone else having that?

E.G. I can connect to wifi no problem. However when the phone has been sitting for awhile and I go to pick it up, it switched back to LTE. Unlock the phone and it connects right back to wifi. My 6s Plus never did this but my 7 does. Anyone? Bueller?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I see that beta 3 is public now as well. Just installed it. Will report back if I have any more issues. I am thinking wifi is still not fixed though.

Aidan1616

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Not trying to cause a rumble here...but are there any Verizon iPhone 7 customers who are having reception/call-quality issues? Seems like my new 7 jumps out of LTE without reason which effects signal. I can reboot it, and it comes right back...until it jumps out again. I'm also having a lot of reception issues...and I never, or hardly ever had any of that with my 6s. I have a lot of incoming callers telling me there's a lot of "noise on my end".

Are there any known Verizon issues here?
There is LTE issues with iPhone 7 and it has been reported, Apple and Verizon are working on a fix for this issue. It is a software issue but there is a compromise that can fix the LTE issue by turning voice over LTE off but the thing is you cannot use LTE over phone calls with stinks. To turn off voice over LTE go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE and switch it to Data Only. I am a Verizon Customer having the same problems as you are, doing this fixes the cutout problems but you cannot have Voice Over LTE. If you need anymore help just respond to this comment
- Aidan Robertson