T-Mobile iPhone 7 signal and battery issues?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
As the title states. Noticed less reception than 6s and battery is so bad I've had to delete apps I've always used just to keep battery life afloat.

Anyone else?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
As the title states. Noticed less reception than 6s and battery is so bad I've had to delete apps I've always used just to keep battery life afloat.

Anyone else?

Nope, my Tmo 7 gets at least same reception (as far as I can tell...?) and much better battery life than my Tmo 6s ever did

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been seeing a few posts on here and other places like Reddit where people are having these types issues on all the carriers with the new phones. I think it's just a matter of time before the carriers roll out some carrier updates to coincide with the newer radios in these phones.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Forgive my lack of knowledge but can they actually fix signal with an update? I assumed once the antennae were in the phone that's it? I always assumed signal was a finite thing in terms of how good it's gonna get per model and it's physical limitations.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile in Las Vegas, with my 7 I'm getting the best call quality and signal strength ever.
Better than my Galaxy's, Notes and my past iPhones (6, 6+, 6s and 6s+ to name a few).
I keep WiFi calling turned off as well, that made everything even better.
Cheers
Davyo

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile in Las Vegas, with my 7 I'm getting the best call quality and signal strength ever.
Better than my Galaxy's, Notes and my past iPhones (6, 6+, 6s and 6s+ to name a few).
I keep WiFi calling turned off as well, that made everything even better.
Cheers
Davyo

I'm in LV and with Tmo too. I agree with this post.

rmkjr

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
7 Black 128 GB received on launch day from T-Mobile. I am in Fairfield county CT. Noticing the same battery issues. Seems like over the past week or so. 1% every several minutes with screen on, and 4-5% every 30 minutes with screen off. I have been on the 10.1 betas, and have already tried a full DFU reset and backup restore. Now trying 10.0.2 as a new phone to see if it helps.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in STL Missouri and haven't heard anything about a phone here except mine. Thanks guys! My phone is still acting crazy. Taking it in for inspection today.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Turns out facebook is overriding the "background app refresh - off" toggle and just still doing it anyway. the only solution was to turn background app refresh back on (master) and toggle everything off individually. but for some reason, airplane mode is still killing my battery. ugh.

hopefully an update comes out to fix this. apple diagnostics found nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73