Iphone 7 unresponsive

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this has been asked but once a week my iPhone screen will become unresponsive. Home button won't take it home and power button doesn't do anything. I can still use what ever app I'm in and if i get a notification i can swap over to that app. The only fix is a hard reboot. Any one else experience. Also separate issue, once a day my screen will randomly get a pin wheel and then go to home screen but all apps are still open, think i narrowed it down to snap chat but not sure.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
guess ill try a factory reset. Does it make sense to restore from a backup? seeing as what ever is causing this will probably get put right back on

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issue tonight, and it doesn't matter what app I was using. It would freeze up, I could use the app and respond to other notifications but that was it. I couldn't even do a hard reset on it. I just had to wait it out and eventually the screen would turn off, then turn on and after it was done flickering, I could use it again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
guess ill try a factory reset. Does it make sense to restore from a backup? seeing as what ever is causing this will probably get put right back on

Yes, it makes sense to restore from a backup as long as the backup isn't corrupted. If you have any doubts about it, set it up as a new device. Also, don't rule out the possibility of a bug or two with respect to iOS 10 being the culprit. iOS 10.1 is already in the beta testing phase.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue tonight, and it doesn't matter what app I was using. It would freeze up, I could use the app and respond to other notifications but that was it. I couldn't even do a hard reset on it. I just had to wait it out and eventually the screen would turn off, then turn on and after it was done flickering, I could use it again.

Yes, as Just_Me_D said, it may be better off starting as a new device. I had similar issues (not with freezing, but with issues that made the phone unbearable to use).. the only choice was to set up as new. It's very time consuming. I had to do it 3x, twice on the 1st phone they sent, and once on the new phone they sent to replace it. It's a pain, but in the long run, you have a clean bug free phone (hopefully). Good luck.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Well i did the factory reset and restored from a backup. i was good for a few days and then i got the screen goes black>pinwheel> then to the lock screen. This time i didn't have snap chat open so i dont think thats the problem, I haven't had the unresponsive screen yet but I'm sure its gonna happen again we'll see. Hopefully its an IOS bug and not a hardware problem.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
There was a review guy on youtube who had similar issues along with the home button not working properly. Would have posted, but every other word would have had to been bleaped as his review went on.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
There was a review guy on youtube who had similar issues along with the home button not working properly. Would have posted, but every other word would have had to been bleaped as his review went on.

Classic lol. I hope apple is aware of this bug. I haven't seen it anywhere else

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well i did the factory reset and restored from a backup. i was good for a few days and then i got the screen goes black>pinwheel> then to the lock screen. This time i didn't have snap chat open so i dont think thats the problem, I haven't had the unresponsive screen yet but I'm sure its gonna happen again we'll see. Hopefully its an IOS bug and not a hardware problem.

If none of the problems are occurring after a reset then the problem may reside with a corrupted backup. I recommend you go beyond a factory reset. Put the device in DFU mode then restore it via iTunes. After that, set it up as new and NOT from a backup.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
There were some users that have low quality during the call in iPhone but their issues can be easily resolved by following certain steps. Most of the issues i have seen in the iPhone are minor and they can be fixed. I hope that apple launch new updates to fix this issue. iPhone 7 seriously require new updates because many bugs have been detected.

It does seem, at least in reviews, every year there are complaints about low call quality. There were complaints on forums via users with the 6 & 6s as well. Completely understand devices do more than just make calls. Though would have expected (all co's) to make call connectivity & quality an actual priority. It may be one thing if you live in a major metropolitan area with plenty of options. But for those of us that live a little off the beaten path, it is pretty important.

ninjewx

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? My home button, power button, and volume buttons will all just randomly stop working for like an hour. Then the screen flickers and it all works again. I tried a hard reset once it worked again, and the screen looked like it was broken (like when you damage an LCD) then it turned off.

Edit: also, every time I hard reset it, when it comes back on I'm down about 8% battery from when it was turned off

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? My home button, power button, and volume buttons will all just randomly stop working for like an hour. Then the screen flickers and it all works again. I tried a hard reset once it worked again, and the screen looked like it was broken (like when you damage an LCD) then it turned off.

Edit: also, every time I hard reset it, when it comes back on I'm down about 8% battery from when it was turned off

Mine does not any off that. Although I have the phone for 3 days now and all is well. Maybe you have a faulty device.
The only thing I have sometime the screen freezes. I just toggle the on and off the power then it works again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice