Why my iPhone 7 benchmark results so low?

xTreeX

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Why my iPhone 7 benchmark results so low?

Antutu - 135779
3dMark Sling Shot - 1854 (and its best result)
Geekbench 4 - 3422 sc, 5574 mc

battery saving mode Not active!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This is my personal opinion...
If the phone is performing to your liking, why are these scores relevant? Personally, I've never ran a benchmark on my phone. I believe it's a flawed measurement of our devices quality. If my everyday use doesn't find me experiencing any issues then I'm good.

Is there are particular reason you're running these tests?

For what it's worth, after some quick research the Geekbench averages at 3302 Single Core and 5337 Multicore. I've seen reports of the Antutu score reaching around 178,000 and Slingshot at 1561.

Personally...like I said, unless my phone is performing poorly, these scores mean nothing to me.

Master619

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
@Quis89: while what you said is true, I usually perform benchmarks once after I purchase a new device to see if my unit is faulty somehow and performance is not at least on par with the medium of that device line. That said I also got low scores (~150k antutu, ~1150 basemark metal). My iPhone 7 also "feels" not as smooth as my girlfriend's old 6s plus. I have installed some apps (fb, messenger, ... nothing extra heavy) though, not sure if they interferes with the result. I also tried with assistive touch on and off with no difference in results.

woesong

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
The 7 reportedly blows all other phones in creation off the grid. A10 is super, they say. And those Geekbench numbers are superb, by the way. Better than even my Air 2, which beats all the phones in my house.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The 7 reportedly blows all other phones in creation off the grid. A10 is super, they say. And those Geekbench numbers are superb, by the way. Better than even my Air 2, which beats all the phones in my house.

I was about to say, those Geekbench numbers are fantastic. I'm not sure how much better we could expect them to be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234