Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Volume indicator gone

So every now and then the volume indicator when I press the volume buttons just disappears. The volume still goes up and down, and the ringer indicator still shows up, but the volume indicator just disappears. When I restart my iPhone 7, it comes back. However the problem comes back after about a week. How can I fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? My software is up to date btw

Default Re: Volume indicator gone

Welcome to iMore! If the hard reset doesn't work permanently, you might try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, the only thing left to try is a restore as new. Not from a back up.

Not yet. You can try going to Settings → General → Reset to select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you might want to consider restoring your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Not yet. You can try going to Settings → General → Reset to select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you might want to consider restoring your device.
    Great minds...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,424 Global Posts

So does this happen when playing videos or something. If so that's by design as to not cover up the viewing area. It's been noted in the early betas.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,557 Global Posts

I've had this issue occasionally on my iPad mini 2 as well. I find that if I just reboot, the volume indicators return like normal.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    So does this happen when playing videos or something. If so that's by design as to not cover up the viewing area. It's been noted in the early betas.
    No it happens at times when the indicator should be there, like while playing games. It's only happened twice to me and turning the phone off has fixed the issue both times.