So every now and then the volume indicator when I press the volume buttons just disappears. The volume still goes up and down, and the ringer indicator still shows up, but the volume indicator just disappears. When I restart my iPhone 7, it comes back. However the problem comes back after about a week. How can I fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? My software is up to date btw
    10-02-2016 03:06 PM
    Welcome to iMore! If the hard reset doesn't work permanently, you might try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, the only thing left to try is a restore as new. Not from a back up.
    10-02-2016 03:28 PM
    Not yet. You can try going to Settings → General → Reset to select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you might want to consider restoring your device.
    10-02-2016 03:29 PM
    Not yet. You can try going to Settings → General → Reset to select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you might want to consider restoring your device.
    Great minds...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-02-2016 03:45 PM
    So does this happen when playing videos or something. If so that's by design as to not cover up the viewing area. It's been noted in the early betas.
    10-08-2016 10:28 PM
    I've had this issue occasionally on my iPad mini 2 as well. I find that if I just reboot, the volume indicators return like normal.
    10-09-2016 05:27 PM
    So does this happen when playing videos or something. If so that's by design as to not cover up the viewing area. It's been noted in the early betas.
    No it happens at times when the indicator should be there, like while playing games. It's only happened twice to me and turning the phone off has fixed the issue both times.
    10-10-2016 02:59 PM
    Welcome to iMore! If the hard reset doesn't work permanently, you might try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, the only thing left to try is a restore as new. Not from a back up.
    This is the worst cookie cutter advice in the world. "Throw away years of data and maybe fix the issue". It's a software bug that I'm seeing as well, and it will likely be fixed by a 10.x update
    02-09-2017 07:28 PM
    This is the worst cookie cutter advice in the world. "Throw away years of data and maybe fix the issue". It's a software bug that I'm seeing as well, and it will likely be fixed by a 10.x update
    No, it is NOT the worst advice in the world. It's actually darn good advice. With the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, a mere reboot can solve a good deal of problems. "Resetting All Settings" does not "throw away years of data", but does exactly what was stated above, and furthermore, it often fixes problems. *If* it is a software bug, it might indeed be fixed via a future update, but it also could be a corrupt setting or something. Welcome to iMore, by the way, and I hope your subsequent posts will display kindness and appreciation. Take care.
    Rob Phillips and Tartarus like this.
    02-09-2017 07:54 PM
    No, it is NOT the worst advice in the world. It's actually darn good advice. With the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, a mere reboot can solve a good deal of problems. "Resetting All Settings" does not "throw away years of data", but does exactly what was stated above, and furthermore, it often fixes problems. *If* it is a software bug, it might indeed be fixed via a future update, but it also could be a corrupt setting or something. Welcome to iMore, by the way, and I hope your subsequent posts will display kindness and appreciation. Take care.
    My apologies if you were offended. I'll be s little more specific and hopefully diplomatic. Telling a user to do a restore that is not from a back up and bringing it back as effectively a brand new device to fix a cosmetic issue is irresponsible advice provided by the poster, especially if they have never performed this action before. Years of health data will be lost, and if they forget to unpair an Apple Watch tired to the iPhone, further data loss can be incurred.
    Reset all settings is less destructive, but still potentially inconvenient.
    02-10-2017 02:24 AM