Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By knotsure
  • 4 Post By anon(9733642)
  • 3 Post By TwitchyPuppy
  • 5 Post By robertk328
  • 9 Post By luv4u859
  • 1 Post By TLD1
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default IPhone 6s vs 7

    So I had my iPhone 6s for a year and a couple weeks ago I got bored with it. I changed my wallpaper and my home screen and I was back being happy with it, but I still decided to switch to the galaxy s7 edge and only 4 days into having it I'm really not feeling it.

    Now I'm thinking about going back to my iPhone, but I'm debating on just getting the 6s again or the 7. I've gone to the store today and played with the 7 and it just feels smaller then the 6s even though so I don't know how I feel about that.

    I just want to know if there are any noticeable differences between the 6s and the 7 that I should add to my debate on which one to get. Headphone jack isn't a big deal with to me because I never really use headphones with my phone.
  2. #2  
    knotsure's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    415 Posts

    Default IPhone 6s vs 7

    The iPhone 7 is faster overall. The camera opens quicker and takes better faster pictures. The led is brighter and the stereo speakers are a little louder than the 6s. I really like the new home button. My favorite for last, the 256gb storage is nice. Or the 128gb storage is cheaper this year, same price for the 64gb 6s as the 128gb iPhone 7. Good luck with your decision. I also came from the 6s for a year and needed the extra storage for pictures (I take a ton of pictures).
    RobertP1 likes this.
  3. #3  
    anon(9733642)'s Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    On the one hand I see little difference and on the other hand I see two very different devices. Can't really put my finger on it. I have a work issued 6s in Space Gray. For the last year I've been using my work 6s, but also had a 6s for personal use. Obviously being the same phones there was no difference.

    Fast forward. Pre-ordered the 7 and picked it up in store on launch day. Since I've used both devices every day the last 2 weeks it's clear there are distinct differences. I love the 7. It is a better version of the 6s.

    *Final Opinion- I think if I just switched from a 6s to a 7 I'd be disappointed as, yes...it's an upgrade, but nothing mind blowing. But because I use both devices daily I notice the differences in an exaggerated manner. So, if you are debating getting the 6s or 7, I'd say go with the 7. But if you still had your 6s and were debating getting the 7 I'd say hold onto to your 6s.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    On the one hand I see little difference and on the other hand I see two very different devices. Can't really put my finger on it. I have a work issued 6s in Space Gray. For the last year I've been using my work 6s, but also had a 6s for personal use. Obviously being the same phones there was no difference.

    Fast forward. Pre-ordered the 7 and picked it up in store on launch day. Since I've used both devices every day the last 2 weeks it's clear there are distinct differences. I love the 7. It is a better version of the 6s.

    *Final Opinion- I think if I just switched from a 6s to a 7 I'd be disappointed as, yes...it's an upgrade, but nothing mind blowing. But because I use both devices daily I notice the differences in an exaggerated manner. So, if you are debating getting the 6s or 7, I'd say go with the 7. But if you still had your 6s and were debating getting the 7 I'd say hold onto to your 6s.
    This is exactly why I won't be upgrading to this version! I'll wait to see what Sept. '17 offers us
  5. #5  
    tech_fan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    On the one hand I see little difference and on the other hand I see two very different devices. Can't really put my finger on it. I have a work issued 6s in Space Gray. For the last year I've been using my work 6s, but also had a 6s for personal use. Obviously being the same phones there was no difference.

    Fast forward. Pre-ordered the 7 and picked it up in store on launch day. Since I've used both devices every day the last 2 weeks it's clear there are distinct differences. I love the 7. It is a better version of the 6s.

    *Final Opinion- I think if I just switched from a 6s to a 7 I'd be disappointed as, yes...it's an upgrade, but nothing mind blowing. But because I use both devices daily I notice the differences in an exaggerated manner. So, if you are debating getting the 6s or 7, I'd say go with the 7. But if you still had your 6s and were debating getting the 7 I'd say hold onto to your 6s.
    I second that. I had the original Apple Watch and recently acquired the Apple Watch 2. Now that I have it, even though the changes are minimal, I can't shake the thought that the only real difference is the color. This makes me wonder whether it's worth the extra money.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    On the one hand I see little difference and on the other hand I see two very different devices. Can't really put my finger on it. I have a work issued 6s in Space Gray. For the last year I've been using my work 6s, but also had a 6s for personal use. Obviously being the same phones there was no difference.

    Fast forward. Pre-ordered the 7 and picked it up in store on launch day. Since I've used both devices every day the last 2 weeks it's clear there are distinct differences. I love the 7. It is a better version of the 6s.

    *Final Opinion- I think if I just switched from a 6s to a 7 I'd be disappointed as, yes...it's an upgrade, but nothing mind blowing. But because I use both devices daily I notice the differences in an exaggerated manner. So, if you are debating getting the 6s or 7, I'd say go with the 7. But if you still had your 6s and were debating getting the 7 I'd say hold onto to your 6s.
    My main thinking was if I wasn't leasing the 6s through sprint i would have still had it to fall back on but now that I don't have it anymore is what is making me want to get the iPhone 7.

    I was all set to get it today too. I went and go a case from five below until i could order one from amazon and a screen protector until i found out that once i return the s7 edge I will no longer be under the 14 day return period anymore. So that made me second guess getting the 7 because I'm afraid i won't like it and then I'll be SOL.

    So I'm so torn right now.
  7. #7  
    anon(9733642)'s Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    I second that. I had the original Apple Watch and recently acquired the Apple Watch 2. Now that I have it, even though the changes are minimal, I can't shake the thought that the only real difference is the color. This makes me wonder whether it's worth the extra money.
    Really like my original Apple Watch, enough to have bought a SS to wear regularly and an Aluminum to use while training. I won't upgrade the Watch until they fix the one software issue that drives me bonkers. I hate that you have to delete messages from your phone and watch separately. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they cannot fix this. I get an iMessage on my phone and watch and you can't delete from both at the same time using one device? I know...there's a thread for this, but its past 3am and I can't sleep so I on a rant here. It should NOT be an automatic feature I get it. You may want somethings to stay on only one device so it should be an option when deleting, like a prompt. Apple, figure it out. I have no other issues, period.
  8. #8  
    T48
    T48 is offline
    T48's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
    So I had my iPhone 6s for a year and a couple weeks ago I got bored with it. I changed my wallpaper and my home screen and I was back being happy with it, but I still decided to switch to the galaxy s7 edge and only 4 days into having it I'm really not feeling it.

    Now I'm thinking about going back to my iPhone, but I'm debating on just getting the 6s again or the 7. I've gone to the store today and played with the 7 and it just feels smaller then the 6s even though so I don't know how I feel about that.
    They are the exact same dimensions 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm. Maybe a black bezel made the newer screen appear smaller? But they are not, they are the same size & within 5 grams of one another weight wise.


    Quote Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
    My main thinking was if I wasn't leasing the 6s through sprint i would have still had it to fall back on but now that I don't have it anymore is what is making me want to get the iPhone 7.

    I was all set to get it today too. I went and go a case from five below until i could order one from amazon and a screen protector until i found out that once i return the s7 edge I will no longer be under the 14 day return period anymore. So that made me second guess getting the 7 because I'm afraid i won't like it and then I'll be SOL.

    So I'm so torn right now.
    If you liked the 6s, why or what would make you think you would not like the 7?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    If you're coming back, get the latest (7). They added OIS to the 4.7" model which is nice.

    If you've already got a 6s, just keep it, unless you're moving up to the Plus. Definite step up!
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by T48 View Post
    They are the exact same dimensions 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm. Maybe a black bezel made the newer screen appear smaller? But they are not, they are the same size & within 5 grams of one another weight wise.




    If you liked the 6s, why or what would make you think you would not like the 7?
    Yeah i know they are the same size. I was thinking that since i have the edge now and its pretty big that's why it seems so much smaller. I also thought the black bezel makes it seem smaller as well.

    Yeah that's what I've been thinking too. I did like my 6s so there shouldn't be a reason why I don't like the 7.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    If you're coming back, get the latest (7). They added OIS to the 4.7" model which is nice.

    If you've already got a 6s, just keep it, unless you're moving up to the Plus. Definite step up!
    OIS?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
    OIS?
    Typo, they happen.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Oh ok
  14. #14  

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    Typo, they happen.
    Wasn't a typo.

    Optical image stabilization.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Well I've officially switched back to my iPhone and I love it! Very happy to be back

  16. #16  

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
    Well I've officially switched back to my iPhone and I love it! Very happy to be back

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...94b734599e.jpg
    Welcome back
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    luv4u859's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Welcome back
    Thanks
  18. #18  
    TLD1's Avatar

    Posts
    738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,897 Global Posts

    Default Re: IPhone 6s vs 7

    Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    I second that. I had the original Apple Watch and recently acquired the Apple Watch 2. Now that I have it, even though the changes are minimal, I can't shake the thought that the only real difference is the color. This makes me wonder whether it's worth the extra money.
    Ditto on the Apple Watch. I've been a super-late adopter, and have only had my Gen-1 Apple Watch a couple of months. Overall I'm very pleased with it so I have no reason to buy the new one.

    With the iPhone 7/7-Plus and the Apple Watch 2 all I can really see is that Apple is buying time until the 10th-year Anniversary devices are released.
    tech_fan likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. For those with the 32 GB iphone 7/ 7 Plus (storage info)
    By shadowboxer8 in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 10:04 PM
  3. Ordered my iPhone 7 on Sprint
    By MBM7881 in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 09:54 PM
  4. iPhone 6 WiFi Greyed Out
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 08:34 PM
  5. How do i get iphotos from imac to iphone ?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions