How to sync photos from iMac folder to iPhone 7?

goalie35_33

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
My wife wants to sync all of her photos from a folder she has on her iMac, into a single photo directory on her iPhone, but when she syncs, the iPhone's creating a million folders for each date she took pics. How can she sync them into a single folder?

Here are some details:
-All photos are currently in a stand alone folder on her iMac. They are not in iTunes.
-It looks like the sync was working, but it's trying to add a new folder for each date she took a photo. There's like hundreds of folders in her iPhone photos now. Hopefully, that was a mistake because if that's the way it's supposed to work, that's insane!
-She stopped the sync before completing it, after seeing the hundreds of dated folders setup on her phone.

I'd appreciated any help you can provide.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Here is how I do it. This keeps all my photos I want synced in a single folder. I created a folder and named it iPhone. All images I want to sync with my phone are in that folder. You then sync them to your phone with iTunes. Very easy to do.

Plug your phone into your computer and open iTunes.
Go to your phone in iTunes.

112434d1475155044-photos-mac-screen-shot-2016-09-29-7.13.57-am.png

Next go to photos tab. This will give you a menu that will allow you options to sync the photos to your phone. As you can see in my screenshot.

I use this folder all the time for syncing images between my phone and iMac. I have done it this way as I create wallpapers and need an easy way to drop a wallpaper onto my phone for testing fit. And then easily delete it from my phone after I have tested it. Hope this helps you.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife wants to sync all of her photos from a folder she has on her iMac, into a single photo directory on her iPhone, but when she syncs, the iPhone's creating a million folders for each date she took pics. How can she sync them into a single folder?

Here are some details:
-All photos are currently in a stand alone folder on her iMac. They are not in iTunes.
-It looks like the sync was working, but it's trying to add a new folder for each date she took a photo. There's like hundreds of folders in her iPhone photos now. Hopefully, that was a mistake because if that's the way it's supposed to work, that's insane!
-She stopped the sync before completing it, after seeing the hundreds of dated folders setup on her phone.

I'd appreciated any help you can provide.

What Firedept10 said above is great advice. I want to add that you may be looking at "collections" and not "albums" on the phone. Even if you have one album or 20 albums, collections split them up by date / location etc.. so change to "album" view and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2