Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
for those who have downsized, How's the battery life on the 7 vs the 6s+. I love the battery life on my 6s+ and the nice HD screen, but I still have a hard time not dropping this thing one handed.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
for those who have downsized, How's the battery life on the 7 vs the 6s+. I love the battery life on my 6s+ and the nice HD screen, but I still have a hard time not dropping this thing one handed.

Battery life for me has been fine. Based on my calculations, when I hit about 75% today, I am typically on pace to get about 16 hours before I get down to 20%. But, I never let my phone run down that low so... ha

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life for me has been fine. Based on my calculations, when I hit about 75% today, I am typically on pace to get about 16 hours before I get down to 20%. But, I never my phone run down that low so... ha

So far today I've gotten 12 hrs standby, 4.5 hrs usage and I'm at 52%. A bunch of the usage was Pok?mon Go. My battery life on the 7 is just fine.

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I went from 6 Plus to 6 to 6S Plus to 7.

And I don't regret it at all. Battery life on my 7 is very good, much better than expected. I have small hands too which is why I chose to go from 6S Plus to 7 instead of keeping the 6S Plus.

Everything is almost the same. Typing is almost as easy and enjoyable. Battery life is great on the 7, between my SE and 6S Plus. And the much smaller size combined with the very grippy Jet Black color is so much nicer to hold. To me I don't regret it at all. I would only go back to the Plus version if it would get way smaller (bezels). The S7 Edge with 5,5 inch display is way smaller and this is the way Apple should go! By now best choice I could make...

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Besides owning every model of Samsung Note ever made (except the Note 7) and every Galaxy model ever made I've also owned every iPhone model ever made (I'm a phone junkie).

In the last few years I went from a 6 Plus to a 6, then a 6s Plus to a 6s,,,, this time to avoid the restocking fee's I canceled my black 128gb 7 Plus order and re-ordered the black 128gb 7,, tracking says it arrives today,,, yay !!!

I LOVE bigger screened phones but the iPhone Plus sizes are just a bit to big with the ginormous bezels.

My favorite iPhones were the 6 and 6s and soon to be the black 7,,,, what you lose in screen size on the Plus iPhones is more than made up for with the comfort of the smaller 4.7" iPhone.

When Apple copies Samsung and puts a big screen in a way smaller phone then I might come back to the iPhone Plus's.

Cheers
Davyo

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I always hoped that I could use the 6 one handed, so stayed away from the Plus size. Well 2 years later and I am going to the Plus. I am small handed and need two hands for the 6, so why not go to the Plus and have the luxury of the additional screen. I am going to have to use two hands no matter what phone I use. And the SE is not an option as I can not read the screen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I am 6' and pretty slim with smallish hands. All phablets are to large for me. I don't care about the larger battery, better camera tech, or larger screen phablets carry. Ease of one handed use and fitting comfortably into my pocket are the most important factors for me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I always hoped that I could use the 6 one handed, so stayed away from the Plus size. Well 2 years later and I am going to the Plus. I am small handed and need two hands for the 6, so why not go to the Plus and have the luxury of the additional screen. I am going to have to use two hands no matter what phone I use. And the SE is not an option as I can not read the screen.

One handing the Plus isn't too bad, I hardly use reachability, I usually just have four fingers on the back and cradle the phone that way, just rock it for longer reach presses.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
One handing the Plus isn't too bad, I hardly use reachability, I usually just have four fingers on the back and cradle the phone that way, just rock it for longer reach presses.

You are fortunate to be able to do that. I wish that was possible for me. I have become so use to using two hands that it is second nature to me now.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You are fortunate to be able to do that. I wish that was possible for me. I have become so use to using two hands that it is second nature to me now.

I use two hand a lot too, however most of the time during the day I only have one free hand. I had to adapt, two hands is more comfortable though.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
For myself it's all about the forum factor and being able to use the device with one hand. I recently had a 6s plus and went back to a 6s because I found the device was just to big for my day to day usage.

Yes, I miss the larger screen for viewing documents and emails, but I find the screen on my new 7 is just fine and the device just feels right in my hand and I don't find my hand cramping up trying to hold the larger phone. Just my two cents worth.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I've been wondering for some time.

I'm not a big guy. 5'10" or 5'11". My hands aren't extremely big. However, I've been using 'plus' iPhones since they came out.

Recently, I had the opportunity to use a regular (iPhone size) phone for some time, and I got to thinking 'I really like this. I wonder if I should buy the iPhone 7 instead of the plus?'

What are your thoughts? I LOVE the size of the screen, but it's true, I do have troubles handling the device at times. I also dig the camera and battery life of the plus. I'd hate to give those things up.

Thoughts?

i guess it depends on how used you are with handling the phone comfortably with two hands, I have small hands and the 7 is perfect for me , I cam still browse Safari or text with just one hand, i would never get the plus unless Apple makes it smaller, I'm not willing to sacrifice one hand usage ...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

in that case the plus is awesome... I dont think I could get used to do that so I'll stay with the smaller 7

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I've thought about getting the iPhone 7 instead of the plus. I honestly just don't think I can give up the screen size & the incredible battery life. The smaller variant would be a lot easier to use one handed daily but I'll live with do handing tricks to maneuver the plus lol

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've thought about getting the iPhone 7 instead of the plus. I honestly just don't think I can give up the screen size & the incredible battery life. The smaller variant would be a lot easier to use one handed daily but I'll live with do handing tricks to maneuver the plus lol

also, remember that the battery in the new 7 is much better than the 6S, I'm getting anything from 2-3 extra hours per day...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2