Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
Like Tree25Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    I always hoped that I could use the 6 one handed, so stayed away from the Plus size. Well 2 years later and I am going to the Plus. I am small handed and need two hands for the 6, so why not go to the Plus and have the luxury of the additional screen. I am going to have to use two hands no matter what phone I use. And the SE is not an option as I can not read the screen.
    Truman82 likes this.
  2. #27  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,996 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    I am 6' and pretty slim with smallish hands. All phablets are to large for me. I don't care about the larger battery, better camera tech, or larger screen phablets carry. Ease of one handed use and fitting comfortably into my pocket are the most important factors for me.
    mumfoau, libra89 and Guacho like this.
  3. #28  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,020 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,720 Global Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    I always hoped that I could use the 6 one handed, so stayed away from the Plus size. Well 2 years later and I am going to the Plus. I am small handed and need two hands for the 6, so why not go to the Plus and have the luxury of the additional screen. I am going to have to use two hands no matter what phone I use. And the SE is not an option as I can not read the screen.
    One handing the Plus isn't too bad, I hardly use reachability, I usually just have four fingers on the back and cradle the phone that way, just rock it for longer reach presses.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    One handing the Plus isn't too bad, I hardly use reachability, I usually just have four fingers on the back and cradle the phone that way, just rock it for longer reach presses.
    You are fortunate to be able to do that. I wish that was possible for me. I have become so use to using two hands that it is second nature to me now.
  5. #30  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,020 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,720 Global Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    You are fortunate to be able to do that. I wish that was possible for me. I have become so use to using two hands that it is second nature to me now.
    I use two hand a lot too, however most of the time during the day I only have one free hand. I had to adapt, two hands is more comfortable though.
  6. #31  
    bakron1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,949 Global Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    For myself it's all about the forum factor and being able to use the device with one hand. I recently had a 6s plus and went back to a 6s because I found the device was just to big for my day to day usage.

    Yes, I miss the larger screen for viewing documents and emails, but I find the screen on my new 7 is just fine and the device just feels right in my hand and I don't find my hand cramping up trying to hold the larger phone. Just my two cents worth.
  7. #32  
    Guacho's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,138 Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Here's what I've been wondering for some time.

    I'm not a big guy. 5'10" or 5'11". My hands aren't extremely big. However, I've been using 'plus' iPhones since they came out.

    Recently, I had the opportunity to use a regular (iPhone size) phone for some time, and I got to thinking 'I really like this. I wonder if I should buy the iPhone 7 instead of the plus?'

    What are your thoughts? I LOVE the size of the screen, but it's true, I do have troubles handling the device at times. I also dig the camera and battery life of the plus. I'd hate to give those things up.

    Thoughts?
    i guess it depends on how used you are with handling the phone comfortably with two hands, I have small hands and the 7 is perfect for me , I cam still browse Safari or text with just one hand, i would never get the plus unless Apple makes it smaller, I'm not willing to sacrifice one hand usage ...
  8. #33  
    Guacho's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,138 Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    You are fortunate to be able to do that. I wish that was possible for me. I have become so use to using two hands that it is second nature to me now.
    in that case the plus is awesome... I dont think I could get used to do that so I'll stay with the smaller 7
  9. #34  
    Smply_Rckless's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,674 Global Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    I've thought about getting the iPhone 7 instead of the plus. I honestly just don't think I can give up the screen size & the incredible battery life. The smaller variant would be a lot easier to use one handed daily but I'll live with do handing tricks to maneuver the plus lol
  10. #35  
    Guacho's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,138 Posts

    Default Re: Small Hands: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smply_Rckless View Post
    I've thought about getting the iPhone 7 instead of the plus. I honestly just don't think I can give up the screen size & the incredible battery life. The smaller variant would be a lot easier to use one handed daily but I'll live with do handing tricks to maneuver the plus lol
    also, remember that the battery in the new 7 is much better than the 6S, I'm getting anything from 2-3 extra hours per day...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Naked or covered?
    By neurodave in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 06:17 AM
  2. Hands free prompts
    By luigi1285 in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 09:26 PM
  3. I cannot find "Auto-Lock" on my iPhone 7
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 09:30 AM
  4. iPhone 8 image surfaces
    By Prakhar Mohan1 in forum iPhone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 09:19 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions