Replacement charging cables--

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
With my little charging fiasco last week, I'd like to look at a few other cable options. My husband also needs a new Lightning cable for his iPad. The Apple one has finally just eaten it, and I don't think I can repair it any further. I was looking at the Belkin and Anker ones that are that braided nylon, and wondered what everyone's experiences with them are. Obviously several reviews on them not working very long or well, or not being recognized as "authentic" cables by the device.

Anyone have input on these?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the native union one from the Apple Store. It's REALLY long (mine doesn't have the ball but the leather wrap) I LOVE it my thing is it started fraying after 2 days then stopped which was weird. It is big so some cases won't fit with it. But you can get your old cord replaced at Apple for free.

c7ee7b17b362180762c1bc3998b3c4d8.png

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
$40 for a cable???? hell no!!

I own two 6.6ft and one 3.3ft ALLreLi cables, all MFi certified. Recently I needed a new cable because the OEM Apple one in my car was torn down to the bare wire. What I like about these cables, are the lightning end is slim just like the OEM cable and the wire as a whole is thicker than the Apple one which makes it more durable. I would HIGHLY recommend them as they are quality wires, not cheap junk. You can also get them in Rose Gold.

51hjF9vPxTL._SL1001_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/aLLreLi-iPho...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2825006
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Certif...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2825006

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have several of these and never have had an issue. I have a 10' one that goes to my bed, it's amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2827775

Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (6ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for iPhone, iPad and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177NSA9...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2827775

I have been hesitant to try the Anker ones having seen several reviews of the "lighting" part coming off in peoples phones/iPads. But the Nylon really is appealing because it looks really hardy.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been hesitant to try the Anker ones having seen several reviews of the "lighting" part coming off in peoples phones/iPads. But the Nylon really is appealing because it looks really hardy.

Yep. There were several reports of breakage in the Amazon reviews for these cables.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I buy the Amazon certified cables and have never had an issue

Are you talking about the AmazonBasics? They're nice and cheap and I would imagine they're reliable, but they don't look as durable as some of the other options. But for the price, you can buy 3 of them vs. one from Apple.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the AmazonBasics? They're nice and cheap and I would imagine they're reliable, but they don't look as durable as some of the other options. But for the price, you can buy 3 of them vs. one from Apple.

I have a lot of the amazon basics. I have never had any issue with them. I use it at night by my bed to charge, and a longer one in my car for road trips. Never any problem or damage.

Rob_T

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Three cables that have a good reputation: Spigen, Anker, and Amazon basics.

I use Spigen (purchased on Amazon) and have had good luck with them...and the price is right.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 ft Amazon Basics cable I use a lot, it is plugged into the USB slot on a good quality power strip. The only issue I've had with the Amazon Basics cable is that the cover over the lightning connector, where it attaches to the cable, broke in two. I've merely taped the two pieces together and had no issues (beyond needing to replace the tape when it wears out. Remember, though, this cable is over 3 years old, I believe Apple has changed the covering over the connectors to something more durable (mine is just a cheap plastic cover).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2