How reliable is the water resistance?

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I know about the water resistance and what it means and everything but I'm thinking if you were to expose your iPhone 7 to water daily not long exposure or complex exposure but just like showering and stuff would the seals and gaskets eventually ware out and possibly not work anymore? Also could steam from say a shower damage the phone with consecutive use?

obiwein

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Seen many posts in various places about showering with a 7. Just curious, why would somebody want to do that on a regular basis? Is that actually a practical thing?

Side note, why does nobody ask about using a 7/7+ as coaster?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Seen many posts in various places about showering with a 7. Just curious, why would somebody want to do that on a regular basis? Is that actually a practical thing?

Side note, why does nobody ask about using a 7/7+ as coaster?

Was going to use it as a serving tray for cheese and crackers, but the iPad mini works better.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I am curious about this as well. I tried my 7 out in the pool and shared a video. I really like this feature. I am definitely going to buy AppleCare+. We shall see

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Water resistance, unfortunately, isn't a binary state. It can degrade overtime, as coatings or seals wear out.

Since Apple expressly states that they don't cover liquid damage under warranty, I would treat it as A nice bonus when you have an accident, but nothing to go shark diving with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh