PLUS TO 7?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Who downgraded the larger 6s plus to a 7 ? do you have regrets ???
I am so torn with going to the regular size but hate knowing there is a phone better than the one I have .. Has anyone downgraded their plus for 7 ? any regrets ...?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I did not. I went from a 6s Plus to a 7 Plus. Let me ask you, what is making you consider the smaller device? From the 6s Plus to the 7 all you're really giving up is some screen real estate. Battery life is comparable and the 7 has OIS now.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well brook, I'm a Plus sized man and I went from the 6S Plus to the 7. I've got no regrets at all. My battery is fine (only had it since Friday) and as Rob stated, the 7 now has OIS which was a big draw for me getting the 6S Plus to begin with. Not that I'm some iPhone photography nazi or anything but I wanted it because everyone says it's helpful for taking shots of moving things like my 4 month old.

Really comes down to what suits you best. Sounds like that might be the 4.7" 7 and that's perfectly fine!

Sonny37

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi Brook
I went from a 6s plus down to a 7. Having a smaller phone feels great. Fits into the pocket with ease. Having a larger phone was a nightmare for me. You will miss the battery and camera but if you can live with that you'll be fine. It just comes down to your day to day convenience. You could always try for 14 days then return if your not happy with it?

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have always been intrigued by the one handed use of the smaller form factor. When the 6 came out I got the plus and then the 6sPlus. But around May of this year I kinda got tired with handling the bigger iPhone so I swapped with the 6s and I loved every bit of it. One handed use, portability, easy in n out of the pocket. The only thing that bothered me was the battery life and the keyboard on the 6s.

So when the 7 launched I made a jump and got the 7 Plus. So far so good, yes I do miss the smaller for factor but the positives outweigh the negatives with the Plus.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 6+ to a 6,,, then I went from a 6s+ to a 6s,,, on the 9th I ordered the 7+ for the camera, but after some thought and past leasons I cancelled my 7+ order and ordered the 7.

I've never had a "it's to big" problem with any of my Notes 1 thru 5 or my Galaxy's, but the iPhone Plus's are just to big to use comfortably.

Hopefully the iPhone 8 can slim down those giant bezels.

Cheers
Davyo

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I went 6s plus to 7 and I have been torn. On the one hand, I love the smaller size of the phone. On the other hand, I hate the smaller size of the phone. Hahaha.
I hardly feel the 7 in my pocket. It's extremely easy to use one handed, but I have large hands so I don't struggle much using the plus one handed either. Battery life seems be close to what I was getting on my 6s plus.
I have a plus in order that's due to arrive in November. I've gone back and forth about cancelling it and keeping the 7. I have really enjoyed carrying and using the 7, but I miss the larger screen of the plus and I make fewer typos on the plus with my large monkey hands.

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I am so torn!! I like both so much but carrying around the plus can be a pain but I try to think of the positives over the negatives

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ease of carrying around sort of helped my decision .... I still do pick up my 6s+ and consider switching back and getting rid of the 7

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I run, bike, hike, ski, etc. and carry my phone with me everywhere in my active lifestyle. 7 is as big of a phone as I want. For running I use the flipbelt, and the 7 works well for me. I'm also larger but not huge person with large hands, so usability of a large phone like the plus is not an issue. But my lifestyle makes the plus a non starter. I would love the dual camera system, but that's an easy tradeoff for me.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I went from the 6s Plus to the 7. The only real consideration was the camera on the 7 Plus, but I realized that I could get by just fine with the camera in the 7. After carrying around the 6 Plus and then the 6s Plus for two years I had no problem going with the smaller 7.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Been going back and forth with this one in my head as well. I want the form factor of the 7 because I am just busy alot. but the screen size of the plus keeps me. If Apple could just shrink the top an bottom I would be perfect. I probably wont give up the plus as much as I want to, and I really really want to.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Did something similar when I had android. Went from a note 4 to a moto x thinking that a smaller phone would be nicer. Liked it for the first hour but after that I was done. Screen was smaller and it felt more like a flip phone then something I was accustomed to. I also found myself squinting more because I felt the screen was too small. From that point onward it was bigger phones.

JerryRaia

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
6s+ to 7. I'm liking the smaller size more than I thought I would. I might still get 7+ but I am in no hurry. The 7 even with the apple battery pack case feels very nice in the hand and the pocket.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For me I stuck with the plus went from a 6 Plus to a 7 Plus. It was for 2 reason, I always prefer a larger phone (50 year old eyes), AND I really wanted the better camera!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods