Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 217
Like Tree88Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryRaia View Post
    Also check these out. Thinest I have ever used: http://buypeel.com
    I've heard these get loose on the phone.
  2. #52  
    obiwein's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Potentially boring maybe, but using the Apple leather case. Smoke grey.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by obiwein View Post
    Potentially boring maybe, but using the Apple leather case. Smoke grey.
    How do you think the color will hold up? I just ordered that case
  4. #54  
    DarkKnight08's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    I have the Apple gray leather case and it looks great. It is on the darker side so I don't think it will show much dirt. I am waiting on an xDoria Defense Edge bumper that is supposed to match the black. That will hopefully arrive tomorrow. I'll post a review of it once it arrives.
    phreddyl likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight08 View Post
    I have the Apple gray leather case and it looks great. It is on the darker side so I don't think it will show much dirt. I am waiting on an xDoria Defense Edge bumper that is supposed to match the black. That will hopefully arrive tomorrow. I'll post a review of it once it arrives.
    I'm not so worried about dirt- I loved my navy one but then it darkened so much you couldn't tell it wasn't black.
  6. #56  
    cwbcpa's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    My daughter begged for a commuter for her 6s. Apparently they're popular at her school. Who am I to argue, lol. She drops her phones all the time.
    My daughter uses the commuter on her 5s and loves it. I'm glad because she drops it all the time too.
    eyecrispy likes this.
  7. #57  
    vizagdude's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    I'm using Diztronic case for my iPhone 7. I've been using their cases for a while. They are not expensive but gives a **** look, feel and grip for the phone.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    My daughter uses the commuter on her 5s and loves it. I'm glad because she drops it all the time too.
    What is it about kids dropping their phones all the time?! My daughter can literally be standing there talking to you and her phone just falls out of her hands onto the concrete garage floor.
    cwbcpa likes this.
  9. #59  
    fightcrazy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Just ordered the Apple iPhone 7 Blue Leather case. Never owned the Apple leather case before. Just hope it doesn't make phone too wide in hand. Using clear shield for back and glass screen protector on the front. Afraid of a possible drop so that's why I ordered Apple case.
  10. #60  
    topboot's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    i got an almost free clear crystal iPhone 7 case at Amazon Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	112431! https://www.dealsplus.com/All-Electr...-crystal-clear
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by fightcrazy View Post
    Just ordered the Apple iPhone 7 Blue Leather case. Never owned the Apple leather case before. Just hope it doesn't make phone too wide in hand. Using clear shield for back and glass screen protector on the front. Afraid of a possible drop so that's why I ordered Apple case.
    I've used the Apple leather case since the 6. Love it. It's low profile and looks great.
    bakron1 likes this.
  12. #62  
    zestypepper's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?



    Silk iPhone 7 Plus Grip Case
  13. #63  
    team_leader_alpha1's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Checkout www.rokform.com. I just purchased this case and tempered glass screen protector and so far, so good. As a bonus, it's made in the USA.
    falcon511 likes this.
  14. #64  
    DarkKnight08's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    I received the xDoria Defense Edge Bumper case for my 7 yesterday so here's a review of it. I wanted to try the bumper to show off the back of the black phone as opposed to having it covered by a case (clear or otherwise).

    Much like the bumper for the Apple watch, it is made of machined aluminum and is minimal as far as adding any size to the phone. It is lined with a rubber material to lessen any impact if the phone is dropped. As far as the front and back of the phone, it protrudes above the screen and the back of the phone just enough to keep either side from touching whatever surface you set it on. On the back, they have added an additional piece of rubber in the upper left hand corner of the case near the camera. This is due to the fact that the camera actually sticks out farther than the case itself. Adding this piece keeps the camera from touching when you set it down, put it also means that the phone doesn't sit level when place on its back.

    The case is not hinged, but goes on and off easily enough. I found that putting it on from the front and taking it off from the back worked the best. The machined aluminum is actually three pieces connected by the rubber material the case is lined with. There is a piece that covers the top edge/corners and a piece on each side covering the edge and bottom corners. The aluminum stops short of the lightning port and that area of the case is just the rubber material (probably why they were able to make it without a hinge).

    Volume up/down and the sleep/off button all work well in the case. These are accented in silver which matches the accent around the front and back (see the next paragraph). The grills on the bottom of the phone are unobstructed as well as the opening for the lightning port. No problems charging with the lightning cable. The opening for the mute switch is, unfortunately, either not large enough or not centered properly. I can easily switch the phone to mute, but it takes some effort to get my fingernail into the opening to switch the sound back on. There are two holes in the top of the case near the camera that I have no idea what their purpose is.

    As far as the look and feel of the case I like it. I also have the Apple gray leather case, which I like, but this is a completely different animal. Although they call it space gray, it is closer in color of the Apple watch than to the matte black on the 7. The silver accent they put around the edge is enough of a break between the two to make it less noticeable and I think it looks good. I have to say that the phone is slippery since it is almost like having no case at all. With the 7, this is the first iPhone I have purchased through the IUP and had AppleCare on. It is only for that reason that I decided to go with the bumper (if things go really wrong I can always get a replacement, right?).

    Overall it is taking a little time to get used to since it is so minimal. I'm sure I'll revert back to the leather case when I know I'm going to be doing things where I want extra protection on the phone. As of now, I like both the look and feel of it.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	112451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	978.2 KB 
ID:	112452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	890.5 KB 
ID:	112453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	991.8 KB 
ID:	112454
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight08 View Post
    I received the xDoria Defense Edge Bumper case for my 7 yesterday so here's a review of it. I wanted to try the bumper to show off the back of the black phone as opposed to having it covered by a case (clear or otherwise).

    Much like the bumper for the Apple watch, it is made of machined aluminum and is minimal as far as adding any size to the phone. It is lined with a rubber material to lessen any impact if the phone is dropped. As far as the front and back of the phone, it protrudes above the screen and the back of the phone just enough to keep either side from touching whatever surface you set it on. On the back, they have added an additional piece of rubber in the upper left hand corner of the case near the camera. This is due to the fact that the camera actually sticks out farther than the case itself. Adding this piece keeps the camera from touching when you set it down, put it also means that the phone doesn't sit level when place on its back.

    The case is not hinged, but goes on and off easily enough. I found that putting it on from the front and taking it off from the back worked the best. The machined aluminum is actually three pieces connected by the rubber material the case is lined with. There is a piece that covers the top edge/corners and a piece on each side covering the edge and bottom corners. The aluminum stops short of the lightning port and that area of the case is just the rubber material (probably why they were able to make it without a hinge).

    Volume up/down and the sleep/off button all work well in the case. These are accented in silver which matches the accent around the front and back (see the next paragraph). The grills on the bottom of the phone are unobstructed as well as the opening for the lightning port. No problems charging with the lightning cable. The opening for the mute switch is, unfortunately, either not large enough or not centered properly. I can easily switch the phone to mute, but it takes some effort to get my fingernail into the opening to switch the sound back on. There are two holes in the top of the case near the camera that I have no idea what their purpose is.

    As far as the look and feel of the case I like it. I also have the Apple gray leather case, which I like, but this is a completely different animal. Although they call it space gray, it is closer in color of the Apple watch than to the matte black on the 7. The silver accent they put around the edge is enough of a break between the two to make it less noticeable and I think it looks good. I have to say that the phone is slippery since it is almost like having no case at all. With the 7, this is the first iPhone I have purchased through the IUP and had AppleCare on. It is only for that reason that I decided to go with the bumper (if things go really wrong I can always get a replacement, right?).

    Overall it is taking a little time to get used to since it is so minimal. I'm sure I'll revert back to the leather case when I know I'm going to be doing things where I want extra protection on the phone. As of now, I like both the look and feel of it.

    That bumper looks killer!!
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
  16. #66  
    comiken205's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    It does look nice! Does the back feel left me there is nothing's there?
  17. #67  
    DarkKnight08's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    It does look nice! Does the back feel left me there is nothing's there?
    Yes it does because there is nothing there. xDoria does sell a case with a clear back, but this is the bumper so nothing but the back of the phone.
    comiken205 likes this.
  18. #68  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight08 View Post
    Yes it does because there is nothing there. xDoria does sell a case with a clear back, but this is the bumper so nothing but the back of the phone.
    I don't see one for the iPhone 7 yet (on their site) only the 6 / 6+ -- am I missing something?
  19. #69  
    DarkKnight08's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I don't see one for the iPhone 7 yet (on their site) only the 6 / 6+ -- am I missing something?
    It's there with all their other iPhone 7 cases - Defense Edge $29.99. Unless you were talking about the one with the clear back, which I think is a completely clear case.
  20. #70  
    bakron1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,951 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    I have been using the Apple OEM leather case since the iPhone 4 and just bought the brown one for my gold iPhone 7. Looks and feels great on the phone.
  21. #71  
    Robster33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Using the Apple black leather on my Matt Black 7, i like the all black look.
    bakron1 likes this.
  22. #72  
    StlVols's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    I've been using the Tech 21 evomesh case in black for my matte black 7. However I also just ordered the Ringke Max so I have options. We'll see how that goes
  23. #73  
    cwbcpa's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    What is it about kids dropping their phones all the time?! My daughter can literally be standing there talking to you and her phone just falls out of her hands onto the concrete garage floor.
    Lol. I know. At least my girl realizes that it's an issue. I offered her one of our iPhone 6's after we upgrade and she turned it down because it was bigger than her 5s and doesn't want to risk breaking it. She likes the size of the 5s with the case on it. Fine by me. I will upgrade her to the SE at some point when her 5s starts to slow down.
    rudyalexc and eyecrispy like this.
  24. #74  
    clouds0222's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Anyone using the new Otterbox Commuter cases for the regular iPhone 7 yet? I had one for my 6s and it didn't fit the phone right...the silicone sleeve and the outer hard shell didn't completely line up at the top of the phone, there was a noticeable gap. Hopefully these cases for the 7 fit better....
  25. #75  
    tr1ad's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    663 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

    Fits like a glove actually
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 08:32 PM
  2. how do i get my notes back on IPhone 4
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 06:37 PM
  3. Can I use the I Phone 6 with a HP pc?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 06:10 PM
  4. How can include a non imessage (iphone) user to a group message?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 05:42 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions