Do you mine if your naked iPhone 7 get scratches or dents on it? If not, why? If so, why?
    09-21-2016 11:43 PM
    Yes I do mind. I take care of all my equipment, whether it be cars, phones, computers or whatever and if and when I come to sell them, I want them to be as blemish free as possible, so I can command top dollar.

My phones always get put in a case and a screen protector applied the moment I remove them for the box for the first time. If I don't have a case or screen protector when I get the phone, it stays in the box until I do.

Just the way I do things. Your mileage may vary.
    09-22-2016 12:24 AM
    I totally understand... I read something someone said about not caring if dents or scratches were on their phone. I care like you do.... However, I like my apple leather case to have a distress look on it.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:31 AM
    I am another person who takes great care of my devices, to me when your paying 600-800 for a phone, you take care of it. I had my iPhone 6s since it was released and when I traded it in for the iPhone 7, the salesperson couldn't believe the phone was in such nice shape.

As far as cases go, I always buy the Apple leather OEM case and did the same for my new iPhone 7 gold 128 and bought a brown one. I am old school and was taught that money doesn't grow on trees and to always take care of your personal stuff and I am not changing anytime soon.
    Frehley and libra89 like this.
    09-23-2016 07:14 PM
    I'm a rebel. My iPhone rarely sees a case. Yes, it shows some signs of wear over the 12 months until I get a new one but, to me, it's too beautiful a device to cover up and there isn't a case in the world that feels as good in the hand as the iPhone itself.
    i6splusguy likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:25 PM
    I'm a rebel. My iPhone rarely sees a case. Yes, it shows some signs of wear over the 12 months until I get a new one but, to me, it's too beautiful a device to cover up and there isn't a case in the world that feels as good in the hand as the iPhone itself.
    To me, it's like "eel" slippery.. I would drop it too often.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:56 PM
    I rarely, if ever, use a case on my devices. I take care of them, and so far have been pretty fortunate to not have any nasty drops. I don't mind scratches on the metal and the tiny scratches that you get in the oleophobic coating on the screen. To me, every ding, scratch, and minor dent tells a story. It kind of reminds me of the original iPod that scratched up so badly.
    09-23-2016 09:17 PM
    Even air bubbles drives me crazy (just got my new phone this morning)
    09-23-2016 10:07 PM
    I hate bulky cases but I always have a lower profile case and screen protector on mine. I am very careful with them and they don't leave the box without protection.
    09-23-2016 10:28 PM
    I hate bulky cases but I always have a lower profile case and screen protector on mine. I am very careful with them and they don't leave the box without protection.
    The face or back of my iPhone 7 was never touched (by me).. with a cloth it was put into the Apple Leather Case and once the case was on, I peeled off the front protector and added the tempered glass cover. It may be overkill, but I like to keep mine pristine as well.
    09-24-2016 09:39 AM
    The face or back of my iPhone 7 was never touched (by me).. with a cloth it was put into the Apple Leather Case and once the case was on, I peeled off the front protector and added the tempered glass cover. It may be overkill, but I like to keep mine pristine as well.
    Not overkill. I didn't have apple do it, but I literally put my new protector on as I am peeling off the plastic covering. My phone screens barely even touch air before they're covered with the screen protector.
    09-24-2016 09:57 AM
    I use the silicon case *only* because I don't want the phone leaning on the camera bump.
    09-24-2016 02:17 PM
    I'm in the Apple upgrade program so don't care if it shows normal wear and tear. Anyway I turn over the phone to Apple so I'll enjoy the phone naked especially jet black. That one is one grippy phone so don't fear dropping like other colors which are very slippery.
    09-24-2016 02:51 PM
    I'm in the Apple upgrade program so don't care if it shows normal wear and tear. Anyway I turn over the phone to Apple so I'll enjoy the phone naked especially jet black. That one is one grippy phone so don't fear dropping like other colors which are very slippery.
    Normal wear and tear? I would like to see pics of your phone with your marks etc.
    09-24-2016 10:48 PM
    I hate scratches on watches and phones. Just like I keep my car clean as well. I didn't get the jet black iPhone in fear of not the back but the sides getting messed up with scratches. My current iPhone looks the same as the day I bought it. Doesn't real matter much in terms of resale(perfect vs used) either.
    09-24-2016 10:59 PM
    Probably go naked once I get bored. Tried it for a day but I find the matte finish to be too slippery for one hand use and the camera bump doesnt add any confidence.
    01-07-2017 06:09 PM
    Lifeproof and otterbox defender are my two usual cases that I get. That supcase unicorn beetle looks very interesting and has seemed to hold up well for my work tablet as well. Trying to keep my cases to a minimum this time around though lol.
    01-07-2017 07:06 PM
    I haven't used a case for more than a day in a few years now, starting with my 5S. My jet black has a few scuffs on the back that only show in bright, direct light. I can't use it in even the thinnest Peel case. It's too nice to use with cheap plastic.

Heck, I even dropped it and got a small gouge on the top edge, and the only way I even know it's there is if I look for it.

I throw it on my desk, in my purse, in my pocket and it's held up much better than was led on at release. I'm very happy with it...and if something catastrophic happens, I have AppleCare.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-07-2017 07:16 PM
    I try to keep my phones looking as nice as I can. Not super OCD but I will slap a case on it and call it a day.
    01-10-2017 05:57 PM
    Do you mine if your naked iPhone 7 get scratches or dents on it? If not, why? If so, why?
    I personally don't mind having a dented device or scratched screen. As long as it doesn't restrict my usability of the phone

but I've recently started collecting devices and putting them in a display cabinet so its now i take a little more care of them. Ensuring they have cases on most of the time. I like having almost brand new devices sitting in the cabinet oppossed to old broken and dented devices.
    01-11-2017 06:42 AM
    Protection depends on the situation. For everyday, I use a Rhinoshield, but if I need to dress up, then I go without a case; fits better in suit pockets.
    01-11-2017 08:34 AM