Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By metllicamilitia
  • 1 Post By H_D
  • 1 Post By bakron1
  • 1 Post By Fille84
  • 2 Post By TLD1
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Default Curious about battery life

Many people claims that the iPhone 7 has all most as good battery as the 7 plus has. Tried to find some benchmarks from Internet but couldn't find one.
    Anyone has insight to the matter? What I heard from 6s and 6s+, the latter had a lot better battery performance than the regular 6s had. So is that the case again?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,734 Global Posts

Default Re: Curious about battery life

Yes, the Plus versions have nearly an additional 1,000mah in their batteries. It is impossible under identical circumstances for the smaller battery to last as long as the larger battery. Under different use cases and scenarios, it's possible for a smaller battery to outlast a larger one, though the larger one would have to be used a lot. So again, no, it's impossible for the smaller iPhones to have the same or better battery life than the larger ones.
    Truman82 and tr1ad like this.
    H_D
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,595 Global Posts

Is the iPhone 7 battery noticeably better that the 6S?
    M_A likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H_D View Post
    Is the iPhone 7 battery noticeably better that the 6S?
    I have noticed the battery on my new iPhone 7 is noticeably better then my 6s, I can go an entire day without charging even with heavy email and phone use. For myself it was well worth the upgrade.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

This is great since I will be going from an iPhone 6 with Mophie Reserve to the 7.
    iMore Newbie

I experienced 10% = 1 hours, screen on & we use the phone for either browsing, chatting, telephone...etc..
    not to mention if the phone is in standby mode, i quess it can survive the whole day long...and arrive home with some battery left.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Yes, the Plus versions have nearly an additional 1,000mah in their batteries. It is impossible under identical circumstances for the smaller battery to last as long as the larger battery. Under different use cases and scenarios, it's possible for a smaller battery to outlast a larger one, though the larger one would have to be used a lot. So again, no, it's impossible for the smaller iPhones to have the same or better battery life than the larger ones.
    Well the plus has a larger 1080p screen, you have to take that into consideration.
    M_A likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,734 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fille84 View Post
    Well the plus has a larger 1080p screen, you have to take that into consideration.
    They are LED and not OLED though, it's a minimal at best factor. It's as simple as a ladder. A 4 foot ladder will not get you as higher as an 8 foot ladder.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

My wife went from a 6s to a 7 and she has said she gets better performance out of the battery, but she's not a nerd like I am to try to provide any data. I am currently in a 7 from a 6s plus (and strongly considering the 7 plus) and I was hoping to determine if the 7 was really close to the 6s plus in battery life as has been stated. Unfortunately, I got an Apple Watch right when I got my 7, so now I'm running Bluetooth all day and the battery life is nowhere near what I was getting on the 6s plus. I could leave the watch at home for a few days, but where's the fun in that?
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

The screen technology has nothing to do with this. A 1080p screen always drain more battery than o lower res screen, OLED or LED. Really how much more it drains in percentage I don't know but there is a clear difference there thats for sure. And the same goes for screen size.

Global Posts
    3,904 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoJoker View Post
    My wife went from a 6s to a 7 and she has said she gets better performance out of the battery, but she's not a nerd like I am to try to provide any data. I am currently in a 7 from a 6s plus (and strongly considering the 7 plus) and I was hoping to determine if the 7 was really close to the 6s plus in battery life as has been stated. Unfortunately, I got an Apple Watch right when I got my 7, so now I'm running Bluetooth all day and the battery life is nowhere near what I was getting on the 6s plus. I could leave the watch at home for a few days, but where's the fun in that?
    I feel your pain, Joker. I was moaning and groaning about battery life of my 6s decreasing since I loaded iOS10...but I never thought about my Apple Watch syncing with my phone via bluetooth all day, and I guess that's been the major culprit.

If I decide to upgrade to the 7, and it gives me as good a battery life as my 6s did before iOS10/AW...which means 40-50% left after a work day, I'll be very satisfied.
    mumfoau and TheLegoJoker like this.