Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Has Apple fixed the Hissing sound that has been reported and is it a big issue?

I read there was a hissing sound from the iPhone 7 and that Apple would fix it shortly...Is everyone experiencing that or just some phones?

Default Re: Has Apple fixed the Hissing sound that has been reported and is it a big issue?

The issue seems to be sporadic with the vast majority of users not having an issue. I'm not sure how Apple would fix it though if it's hardware related. I wouldn't really worry about it.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Has Apple fixed the Hissing sound that has been reported and is it a big issue?

i have the issue and it is present also in videos, i need to have it fixed, but it is like a lottery
    iMore Beginner

I have encountered the sound, but only when synching large amounts of data to the Watch. Updating to iOS 10.0.1 didn't seem to fix it (although it sounds more like a hardware issue rather than software).

I did notice the same sound coming from an iPhone 6 while using Pokmon GO, but it might have been due to the Smart Battery Case rather than the CPU.
    iMore Newbie

This is an issue. Sure, you cant hear it on calls or with the phone just sitting there. I can hear it when I place my ear to the back top of the phone. Even that wouldn't be an issue. The real issue is the sound is being picked up in my video recordings from the phone. If you place your ear up to the back of your phone and hear the electric static buzz like I do, make a recording in a quiet room and play it back. I guarantee you will hear that same sound captured in the recording. That part is unacceptable and you can't tell me someone didn't notice this in previous models with a billion phones sold. This appears to be a new and real issue.
    iMore Newbie

The issue would be hardware related since the sound seems to be made the processor is running something intensive. The only way for apple to fix it would be replacing the phone or the only way via software would be restricting the processor from running at its peak capacity. Both these would be too extreme a step for something as minor as this issue methinks
    iMore Genius

I haven't experienced the issue. I just took a video and all I heard was regular household ambient noise.