Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default picking the 7 over the 7 plus

I am just wondering, why did you guys choose the 7 over the 7 plus?

Global Posts
    3,904 Global Posts

Default Re: picking the 7 over the 7 plus

If I upgrade I will because, for me the smaller device is more manageable. It fits better in my pants pocket & I can use it with one hand.

Women's pockets barely fit the 7. The plus is just too unwieldy for everyday use for me. I run a lot and there's no way that will fit into a pocket and it's not comfortable to wear on the arm. Just not for me at this point. But man I want that dual camera. It's almost enough for me to try it.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

I came from an s7 Edge. My fianc showed me the new iMessage things and I had to have it right now lol. My daughter has an iPod and he has an iPhone 6+ (7+ on order, should be here in 2-3 weeks) so it just made sense to be able to come back to iOS. The new things with iOS 10 are just icing on the cake. If they had the 7+ in stock, I might have ended up with that, but being a woman, my pockets just don't work very well with the plus models. My s7 Edge was as big as I'd go for a phone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

7 plus all the way. Much better screen than the 7.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Pockets, and I carry two phones.

So the iPhone 7 and the Galaxy S7.

Now that the 7 has similar battery life to the 6s Plus, it makes sense. Even if the 7 Plus has a better camera and better battery.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

I've had the 6 plus and the 6s plus and though the screen size is nice, it's very cumbersome and burdening.
    Pocketing it is pretty much impractical and using it with one hand is just a no (even with my large hands). It's the only iPhone I've ever dropped.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Best buy didn't have the 7+. Then I figured that I don't take that many pictures. Looking at the battery life, everyone said that the 6s+ was amazing battery, With the 7 getting the extra 2 hours, should in theory, put the 7 battery life on par with the 6s+. Now that I have the 7, it actually does have wonderful battery. It has the same imprint as my droid turbo. the 7+ would probably not be good for in and out of my pocket, i would surely drop it. and I don't exactly wear skinny jeans either. I don't use a case either, but with this stupid camera bump I may be forced to.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

The Plus iPhone is too big/heavy to carry when I jog and pocket when I am at the gym. I also do not like the Springboard rotating and having to manage that with a Control Center button.
    Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,904 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Women's pockets barely fit the 7. The plus is just too unwieldy for everyday use for me. I run a lot and there's no way that will fit into a pocket and it's not comfortable to wear on the arm. Just not for me at this point. But man I want that dual camera. It's almost enough for me to try it.
    I'm not a woman, but I am a businessman and tend to wear dress slacks or suit pants 6-days a week. That said, I carry my phone in the front pocket of those pants...and the larger Plus phone is just too bulky to fit or look right in that situation. To me, it looks unprofessional...although I know I'll get opposing remarks about that. Heck, it looks like I'm carrying an iPad Mini in my pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by TLD1 View Post
    I'm not a woman, but I am a businessman and tend to wear dress slacks or suit pants 6-days a week. That said, I carry my phone in the front pocket of those pants...and the larger Plus phone is just too bulky to fit or look right in that situation. To me, it looks unprofessional...although I know I'll get opposing remarks about that. Heck, it looks like I'm carrying an iPad Mini in my pocket!
    Lol. At least it fits! I can't even fit a regular 6/6s/7 in mine. It sticks out halfway. It will mostly fit in a back pocket but barely. The plus is just too big. Too bad bc I really wanted that dual camera.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts

I got the iPhone 7 because I love the size of smaller phones. I just wish it had a larger battery.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    I got the iPhone 7 because I love the size of smaller phones. I just wish it had a larger battery.

get the smart battery case it is awesome
    Peaco and NekoMichi like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9 View Post
    get the smart battery case it is awesome
    It's ugly as sin. I'm going to wait for the Lifeproof Fre Power, if they make one.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Will Brady View Post
    Smaller size. If apple trimmed the bezels I would go plus. Now that they finally put OIS in the smaller version and increased the battery size, the 7 was an easy choice. I can live with the single camera because it is still a great improvement over the previous iPhones.
    Annie_i6s and Slammers08 like this.
    iMore Newbie

I have the 6s Plus but I'm going for the 7. I agree with some above comments, for me having a plus on a day to basis is hard work.
    DarkKnight08 and M_A like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    It's ugly as sin. I'm going to wait for the Lifeproof Fre Power, if they make one.
    i be honest i thought so too but it isn't bad in person. i like the feel a lot
    Peaco likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm going with the 7 when eligible to upgrade. I'm using the iPhone 6 with a Mophie Reserve battery case now and it is still smaller in length and width than the plus. The plus just doesn't fell right and I love the one handed use of the 6.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

I have the 6+ and like it just fine, switched to the Note 7...that didn't work out too well (although it was an awesome phone) so now I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 7. Carrying the + model around is just kind of a pain, for me. I have AT&T and they have a deal where if I get the iPhone 7 (or +) I can get an iPad mini 2 for $50 (I know I will have to pay the monthly fee) but that way when I travel I have a bigger screen to read, watch videos & FaceTime with the kids. I'm really hoping this is a viable solution for me...pretty sure it will work out fine. I have 2 weeks to decide if the 7 is too small anyway.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,913 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Will Brady View Post
    The 7+ is to large for my small girlish hands and slim jeans pockets.
    eyecrispy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    The 7+ is to large for my small girlish hands and slim jeans pockets.
    Amen! Dang skinny jeans.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

After having the 6 plus and 6s Plus, I just knew I wanted to go smaller with the 7. I was getting annoyed holding the larger phone and trying to reach the top apps on the screen or do the notification drop down. Hardly ever remembered to double tap the home button to make the screen drop so I'd just end up fumbling or using two hands.

So glad to be on the smaller phone now. Also, last year I had the Sony xperia z5 compact for awhile and freaking loved the size of that phone. That was motivation to get a smaller iphone as well.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    663 Global Posts

I've had the plus and s plus, time to get something more manageable
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Mainly because of time constraints. Don't want to be stuck with my current phone, as my return window dwindles. I'll be able to get my hands on a 7 much faster.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9 View Post
    i be honest i thought so too but it isn't bad in person. i like the feel a lot
    Agree 100%. I don't think it looks bad at all and it actually makes holding the iPhone 7 easier.

I'm getting 14+ hours of usage from full charge using the smart battery case. I absolutely love it! I like how the case automatically charges the phone. When the battery case battery dies I slip the iPhone out and go caseless with 100% charge. Best of both worlds and I never have to worry about low battery or having to charge during day.
    M_A likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast