picking the 7 over the 7 plus

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 6 Plus to a 6, then I went from a 6s Plus to a 6s,, Yesterday I cancelled my pre-order for the 7 Plus and re-ordered the 7
After much thought and past experience I remembered how much I like the one handed use more than the ginormous size of the Plus models.

Hopefully the iPhone 8 will lose the huge top, bottom and side bezels,,, if Samsung can put a big screen in a small phone why cant Apple ???

Cheers
Davyo

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
im in the same boat as you.. i have the 7 plus but still in my return window I might just do the 7 bc of the lifestyle choice of it
what did you decide

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
did you stick with the 7 or go back to the plus? I am in the same boat as you ... I had the 7 when it came out on launch till the plus came in bc my mom was going to get the 7 now that I have the plus its great but boy I love the lifestyle use of the 7... Im so torn right now
what did you end up doing ?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
do you miss having the superior phone I'm torn to exchange my iPhone 7 plus for a 7

For me personally, the Plus isn't all that "superior" of a device over the 7. It's offers a bigger screen, larger battery (not necessarily more run time depending on usage), and better camera. All of these things though are based on a particular users wants/needs. If they aren't just haves for you then you'll be well served with the 7.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
For me personally, the Plus isn't all that "superior" of a device. It's offers a bigger screen, larger battery (not necessarily more run time depending on usage), and better camera. All of these things though are based on a particular users wants/needs. If they aren't just haves for you then you'll be well served with the 7.

Let's agree to disagree on the "not superior" part of the 7 Plus.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My motto is to never settle for less if you can get the superior one.

So, the slight upgrade of the camera and increased battery life of the 7+ make it "superior"? How about the 1.5" bezels above and beneath the screen that make it that much larger and more bulky overall than any of it's competition? How about the lack of real improvements over the smaller phone in display quality...when actually there is a slight decrease in clarity? How about it's being harder or even impossible to use one-handed...versus the competition that has somehow figured out how to build a 5"-plus screen sized device that can be used easily without using two hands? How about the added weight and sheer bulk of the Plus device versus the much easier "pocketability" of the smaller device?

I'm not at all slamming the Plus, but to call it "superior" isn't quite accurate...and sounds a bit elitist. It really comes down to personal preference and what is or is not important to the user.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So, the slight upgrade of the camera and increased battery life of the 7+ make it "superior"? How about the 1.5" bezels above and beneath the screen that make it that much larger and more bulky overall than any of it's competition? How about the lack of real improvements over the smaller phone in display quality...when actually there is a slight decrease in clarity? How about it's being harder or even impossible to use one-handed...versus the competition that has somehow figured out how to build a 5"-plus screen sized device that can be used easily without using two hands? How about the added weight and sheer bulk of the Plus device versus the much easier "pocketability" of the smaller device?

I'm not at all slamming the Plus, but to call it "superior" isn't quite accurate...and sounds a bit elitist. It really comes down to personal preference and what is or is not important to the user.
If even the only difference was the bigger size of the device, I'd have called it superior. I stand by my first reply.
I stopped comparing iPhone with other phones when I started using it 7 years ago. Not to sound as a troll, but there is only one right phone for me and that's the iPhone.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If even the only difference was the bigger size of the device, I'd have called it superior. I stand by my first reply.
I stopped comparing iPhone with other phones when I started using it 7 years ago. Not to sound as a troll, but there is only one right phone for me and that's the iPhone.

Oh, I believe the iPhone is a superior phone compared to its rivals (then again...Android phone users feel the same way about their choice of device as well!)...I've been using one since 2007. I wasn't at all disagreeing with that, but I was questioning your comment regarding the 7-Plus being a "superior" phone over the smaller 7 model since that was the topic of discussion here, not whether the iPhone itself was or was not superior over its competition. I just don't think the 7+ is superior to the 7. I think they are both great devices. One is only superior to the other in the eye of the beholder...not generally speaking.

No biggie. This is the reason they make chocolate AND vanilla ice cream.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I believe the iPhone is a superior phone compared to its rivals (then again...Android phone users feel the same way about their choice of device as well!)...I've been using one since 2007. I wasn't at all disagreeing with that, but I was questioning your comment regarding the 7-Plus being a "superior" phone over the smaller 7 model since that was the topic of discussion here, not whether the iPhone itself was or was not superior over its competition. I just don't think the 7+ is superior to the 7. I think they are both great devices. One is only superior to the other in the eye of the beholder...not generally speaking.

I agree with all of what you just said. Except for vanilla of course. Chocolate is the only flavor I know.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Agreed!

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
From 6S plus to 5C to SE to 6S plus to 6S to 6S plus in the last year, my Matt black 7 is the best of the lot, great phone and this is the size i like the best, the plus is great in car or office but as soon as you have to carry it or pocket it, i didnt like it, the 7 is light enough for the top pocket.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a woman, but I am a businessman and tend to wear dress slacks or suit pants 6-days a week. That said, I carry my phone in the front pocket of those pants...and the larger Plus phone is just too bulky to fit or look right in that situation. To me, it looks unprofessional...although I know I'll get opposing remarks about that. Heck, it looks like I'm carrying an iPad Mini in my pocket!

Are you sure, cause you sound like a woman! Whose looking at your pocket and telling you it looks unprofessional?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I seriously need Apple to create a phone that shrinks down when I just need a phone, and expands out when I need a tiny computer.

If they can do this in the Marvel universe, why can't they do that in hours?

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I went the other way around, picked the 7 plus over the 7 and now I'm thinking of picking the 7 up as well. #firstworldproblems

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR