picking the 7 over the 7 plus

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If I upgrade I will because, for me the smaller device is more manageable. It fits better in my pants pocket & I can use it with one hand.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Women's pockets barely fit the 7. The plus is just too unwieldy for everyday use for me. I run a lot and there's no way that will fit into a pocket and it's not comfortable to wear on the arm. Just not for me at this point. But man I want that dual camera. It's almost enough for me to try it.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from an s7 Edge. My fianc? showed me the new iMessage things and I had to have it right now lol. My daughter has an iPod and he has an iPhone 6+ (7+ on order, should be here in 2-3 weeks) so it just made sense to be able to come back to iOS. The new things with iOS 10 are just icing on the cake. If they had the 7+ in stock, I might have ended up with that, but being a woman, my pockets just don't work very well with the plus models. My s7 Edge was as big as I'd go for a phone.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Pockets, and I carry two phones.

So the iPhone 7 and the Galaxy S7.

Now that the 7 has similar battery life to the 6s Plus, it makes sense. Even if the 7 Plus has a better camera and better battery.

HawkXCi

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I've had the 6 plus and the 6s plus and though the screen size is nice, it's very cumbersome and burdening.
Pocketing it is pretty much impractical and using it with one hand is just a no (even with my large hands). It's the only iPhone I've ever dropped.

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Best buy didn't have the 7+. Then I figured that I don't take that many pictures. Looking at the battery life, everyone said that the 6s+ was amazing battery, With the 7 getting the extra 2 hours, should in theory, put the 7 battery life on par with the 6s+. Now that I have the 7, it actually does have wonderful battery. It has the same imprint as my droid turbo. the 7+ would probably not be good for in and out of my pocket, i would surely drop it. and I don't exactly wear skinny jeans either. I don't use a case either, but with this stupid camera bump I may be forced to.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The Plus iPhone is too big/heavy to carry when I jog and pocket when I am at the gym. I also do not like the Springboard rotating and having to manage that with a Control Center button.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Women's pockets barely fit the 7. The plus is just too unwieldy for everyday use for me. I run a lot and there's no way that will fit into a pocket and it's not comfortable to wear on the arm. Just not for me at this point. But man I want that dual camera. It's almost enough for me to try it.

I'm not a woman, but I am a businessman and tend to wear dress slacks or suit pants 6-days a week. That said, I carry my phone in the front pocket of those pants...and the larger Plus phone is just too bulky to fit or look right in that situation. To me, it looks unprofessional...although I know I'll get opposing remarks about that. Heck, it looks like I'm carrying an iPad Mini in my pocket!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a woman, but I am a businessman and tend to wear dress slacks or suit pants 6-days a week. That said, I carry my phone in the front pocket of those pants...and the larger Plus phone is just too bulky to fit or look right in that situation. To me, it looks unprofessional...although I know I'll get opposing remarks about that. Heck, it looks like I'm carrying an iPad Mini in my pocket!

Lol. At least it fits! I can't even fit a regular 6/6s/7 in mine. It sticks out halfway. It will mostly fit in a back pocket but barely. The plus is just too big. Too bad bc I really wanted that dual camera.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am just wondering, why did you guys choose the 7 over the 7 plus?

Smaller size. If apple trimmed the bezels I would go plus. Now that they finally put OIS in the smaller version and increased the battery size, the 7 was an easy choice. I can live with the single camera because it is still a great improvement over the previous iPhones.

Sonny37

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the 6s Plus but I'm going for the 7. I agree with some above comments, for me having a plus on a day to basis is hard work.

Scootsd

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm going with the 7 when eligible to upgrade. I'm using the iPhone 6 with a Mophie Reserve battery case now and it is still smaller in length and width than the plus. The plus just doesn't fell right and I love the one handed use of the 6.

ecfritts

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the 6+ and like it just fine, switched to the Note 7...that didn't work out too well (although it was an awesome phone) so now I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 7. Carrying the + model around is just kind of a pain, for me. I have AT&T and they have a deal where if I get the iPhone 7 (or +) I can get an iPad mini 2 for $50 (I know I will have to pay the monthly fee) but that way when I travel I have a bigger screen to read, watch videos & FaceTime with the kids. I'm really hoping this is a viable solution for me...pretty sure it will work out fine. I have 2 weeks to decide if the 7 is too small anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR