For myself it's about the forum factor of the iPhone 7, it fits in my pocket and it's much easier handling compared to the 7 plus. I do miss the screen size of the 7 plus for documents and such, but I prefer the iPhone 7 for my application. In the end it's up to the end user and what best fits their needs.
    09-21-2016 05:21 PM
    I've had the iPhone 6 since it came out and I wanna go with the 7+ because I feel it's too small. What do you guys think?
    09-21-2016 11:37 PM
    I currently own a 6S Plus and SE and just got a Samsung S7 Edge as a gadget junkie. I couldn't decide which iPhone to keep. And as an Apple User with Macbook and iPad I still wanted to keep an iPhone! The 6S Plus in comparison to the S7 Edge was just way to big and heavy and uncomfortable to hold although best typing experience ever. I hoped for a way smaller iPhone 5,5inch which didn't happen and was one reason for me to get the way smaller S7 Edge. And as the 6S Plus is now too big for me and the SE is way too small for a main phone for me I decided to sell both and order an iPhone 7. 7 Plus would have happened with way smaller bezels and much less weight.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:28 AM
    I always reason it out by asking, "does it fit in my pocket?"
    09-22-2016 12:49 PM
    If I upgrade I will because, for me the smaller device is more manageable. It fits better in my pants pocket & I can use it with one hand.
    absolutely, Apple can put 5 zoom cameras in the 7 Plus and I still wouldn't change, one hand handling is extremely important to me, hope they can make the plus body a lot smaller next year, love the screen size but the phone is just too big for my usage..
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-22-2016 03:29 PM
    I always reason it out by asking, "does it fit in my pocket?"
    Answer: yes, but it feels like you're carrying an iPad Mini there.

I had the 6s+ at launch last year, but could not get used to the bulk in the pockets of my business dress slacks and suit pants. So...within a few days, I exchanged it for the smaller 6s. That was the more comfortable solution for me, at least.

YMMV, however. If all you wear is jeans...or carry your phone in your back pocket, then the size of the Plus might not be an issue to you.
    09-22-2016 03:55 PM
    I went from the 6s plus to the 7 and I'm loving it! The 4.7" 7 feels so good in the hand and to be honest I've gotten used to the smaller screen (plenty big). I'm very active and the plus was friggin huge..it was a pain to hold and pocket. I have an iPad Pro at home if I wanna watch videos etc and it's much better than the plus for that purpose also. When I'm out and about I prefer the smaller more portable 4.7".
    eyecrispy, TLD1 and DarkKnight08 like this.
    09-22-2016 06:01 PM
    I REALLY wanted a plus this time around (for the camera and for knocking out emails and the like easier) HOWEVER all that was available was a 7. Beggers can't be choosers.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:52 AM
    I've been mainly an Android and Windows Phone user. Never have owned an iPhone. My son and wife have been and are iphone users so I'm very familiar with them. I also have a Mac Air so again know Apple. I've started looking at phones for the purpose to get a better camera on it than what I have on my current phones. Been looking at at the S7, LG5, the Sony phones, all known for good phone cameras. Looked at the iPhone 7 and 7 plus last night at best buy which leads me to ask about the difference in them that the plus has a 10x zoom vs the 5x in the 7. My wife has a 6s that I believe has also a 5x zoom? Playing with the 7 and 7plus last night that 10x zoom on the plus does bring images up closer but I wonder how the picture quality holds up. Anyone have some knowledge on that they could comment on? I've not done any reading up on it yet on any Tech sites yet two compare the two cameras.
    09-23-2016 09:11 AM
    After using a 6+ for a good long while I'm thinking I'm done with the phablet size. The screen is nice but not worth the trade off for having to tote the bigger beast around. Pocketability is a better feature.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-24-2016 12:33 PM
    I now use an iPhone 7 coming from the 6S Plus. Typing is almost as excellent which I never thought in first place. I only type a little slower but not by much. And that was my main concern going back to the smaller iPhone, typing. Battery is very good too, not as good as the 6S Plus but expected much less battery life here too. Unplugged it 24h ago, use it the whole day at medium usage and bad to medium reception when traveling and still have 45%. Again, much better than expected, not after the keynote but after the many first impressions of others. So at the moment I don't regret it at all going back to the 7!
    DarkKnight08 and eyecrispy like this.
    09-24-2016 03:21 PM
    Went from a SE to a iPhone 7. I don't think I could carry and use a 7+ day to day.

The big push was getting OIS on the rear camera along with stereo speakers.
    09-24-2016 08:20 PM
    Got my 7 a few days ago and am really liking it, my wife has my 6S plus and will sell her 6 plus, the plus was great until you had to carry it anywhere or pocket it, easier if it goes in a handbag.
    09-24-2016 09:12 PM
    I went from 6s Plus to 7. Similar to other comments, I am excited to have OIS in the more manageable form factor. And hunting Pokmon feels a bit less embarrassing. 😜
    eyecrispy and NekoMichi like this.
    09-25-2016 10:18 PM
    The smaller form factor is easier to hold and pocket - with a plus phone I'd be constantly worried about accidentally fumbling and dropping it or straining it in my pocket! The 4.7" display is big enough for me, if I needed anything larger then a tablet or laptop would do the job.

The main differences between the 7 and 7 plus are the battery and the camera, both of which don't really apply to me. I use a Smart Battery Case, and for non-everyday/casual photography I use a dedicated camera system.
    09-26-2016 01:26 AM
    I went from a 6 Plus to a 6, then I went from a 6s Plus to a 6s,, Yesterday I cancelled my pre-order for the 7 Plus and re-ordered the 7
    After much thought and past experience I remembered how much I like the one handed use more than the ginormous size of the Plus models.

Hopefully the iPhone 8 will lose the huge top, bottom and side bezels,,, if Samsung can put a big screen in a small phone why cant Apple ???

Cheers
    Davyo
    09-26-2016 02:36 AM
    im in the same boat as you.. i have the 7 plus but still in my return window I might just do the 7 bc of the lifestyle choice of it
    what did you decide
    09-26-2016 07:37 PM
    did you stick with the 7 or go back to the plus? I am in the same boat as you ... I had the 7 when it came out on launch till the plus came in bc my mom was going to get the 7 now that I have the plus its great but boy I love the lifestyle use of the 7... Im so torn right now
    what did you end up doing ?
    09-26-2016 07:40 PM
    do you miss having the superior phone I'm torn to exchange my iPhone 7 plus for a 7
    09-29-2016 09:00 AM
    do you miss having the superior phone I'm torn to exchange my iPhone 7 plus for a 7
    For me personally, the Plus isn't all that "superior" of a device over the 7. It's offers a bigger screen, larger battery (not necessarily more run time depending on usage), and better camera. All of these things though are based on a particular users wants/needs. If they aren't just haves for you then you'll be well served with the 7.
    Last edited by mumfoau; 09-29-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    09-29-2016 09:10 AM
    My motto is to never settle for less if you can get the superior one.
    09-29-2016 09:17 AM
    For me personally, the Plus isn't all that "superior" of a device. It's offers a bigger screen, larger battery (not necessarily more run time depending on usage), and better camera. All of these things though are based on a particular users wants/needs. If they aren't just haves for you then you'll be well served with the 7.
    Let's agree to disagree on the "not superior" part of the 7 Plus.
    mumfoau likes this.
    09-29-2016 09:32 AM
    My motto is to never settle for less if you can get the superior one.
    So, the slight upgrade of the camera and increased battery life of the 7+ make it "superior"? How about the 1.5" bezels above and beneath the screen that make it that much larger and more bulky overall than any of it's competition? How about the lack of real improvements over the smaller phone in display quality...when actually there is a slight decrease in clarity? How about it's being harder or even impossible to use one-handed...versus the competition that has somehow figured out how to build a 5"-plus screen sized device that can be used easily without using two hands? How about the added weight and sheer bulk of the Plus device versus the much easier "pocketability" of the smaller device?

I'm not at all slamming the Plus, but to call it "superior" isn't quite accurate...and sounds a bit elitist. It really comes down to personal preference and what is or is not important to the user.
    James Cagney likes this.
    09-29-2016 09:32 AM
    So, the slight upgrade of the camera and increased battery life of the 7+ make it "superior"? How about the 1.5" bezels above and beneath the screen that make it that much larger and more bulky overall than any of it's competition? How about the lack of real improvements over the smaller phone in display quality...when actually there is a slight decrease in clarity? How about it's being harder or even impossible to use one-handed...versus the competition that has somehow figured out how to build a 5"-plus screen sized device that can be used easily without using two hands? How about the added weight and sheer bulk of the Plus device versus the much easier "pocketability" of the smaller device?

I'm not at all slamming the Plus, but to call it "superior" isn't quite accurate...and sounds a bit elitist. It really comes down to personal preference and what is or is not important to the user.
    If even the only difference was the bigger size of the device, I'd have called it superior. I stand by my first reply.
    I stopped comparing iPhone with other phones when I started using it 7 years ago. Not to sound as a troll, but there is only one right phone for me and that's the iPhone.
    09-29-2016 09:36 AM
    I'm a female and have the Plus since the 6. No issues.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-29-2016 09:38 AM
70 123