Animation stutters really bad 256 7

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I got the 7, had the 6 plus and 6s plus for 2 years and decided I like one handed operation better than the bigger screen. So backed up my 6s plus on the way to the apple store Friday night to get my 7 through the upgrade program through Apple. Actually got 2, black for me and gold for the wife both 256gb. So her's works great. Mine has a huge lag in every operation. Open an app it hesitates and hiccups. Close an app and same thing. It's very annoying. Anyone know how I might could fix this?? The apps open and close but they stutter so to say. No smooth animation. Any help would be appreciated!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Well I just did a dfu restore on my MacBook Pro and then restored my back up and it's still slow and laggy. My wife's is super fast and impressive on opening and closing apps.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Well I just did a dfu restore on my MacBook Pro and then restored my back up and it's still slow and laggy. My wife's is super fast and impressive on opening and closing apps.

You did reloaded the software???
If Yes then exchange it due to software not optimize with the hardware

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
So since I have not had anyone else pop up on here with the issue I am having I decided to wait a bit and see if it ever popped up and it did. Many more people are experiencing the same thing I am. I love all my Apple products and am in no way bashing iPhone. I love my 7 I just wish they would put out an update with a fix for this. I would like to restore my back up so i can get all my stuff back. I have been using it like it was new just so it wouldn't be so bad, it still there just not as slow with my back up. I will attach the link to the Apple support page where its being reported the most. Maybe some of you might be experiencing it as well?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7668617?start=0&tstart=0

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed compared to my old 6s when scrolling it judders/jitters, not very smooth. It still also has the camera lag sometimes.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Well i can safely say that it might be fixed in 10.1

I restored my back up again and joined the beta testing program. So IOS 10.1 beta 1 was a little better on the animation stutter I was experiencing. IOS 10.1 beta 2 came out today and I downloaded it and WOW!! It made a huge difference! My phone has almost no problems now. I can barely see it in slow motion video and it runs like a beast. Almost perfect now, I am so relieved because I have so many years of text msgs and apps and games LOL. I DID NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY OF IT! It's one of my main things I love about iPhone, you get a new one and it's like you never switched devices.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Well i can safely say that it might be fixed in 10.1

I restored my back up again and joined the beta testing program. So IOS 10.1 beta 1 was a little better on the animation stutter I was experiencing. IOS 10.1 beta 2 came out today and I downloaded it and WOW!! It made a huge difference! My phone has almost no problems now. I can barely see it in slow motion video and it runs like a beast. Almost perfect now, I am so relieved because I have so many years of text msgs and apps and games LOL. I DID NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY OF IT! It's one of my main things I love about iPhone, you get a new one and it's like you never switched devices.

This is good to know. I remember my 6s Plus was never buttery smooth until late in the game. In fact, my 6s Plus is way smoother than my 7.

Any idea when 10.1 is going live? If not, I may just jump into the beta. I normally run betas but have been busy and its my work phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2